E x p l o s i o n

S o n g : B r o k e n - L i f e h o u s e

C h a p t e r XIV
M a k e n n a

"Please," I gasped to anyone or anything that would listen. "Make it stop." I cried, my head pounding so violently until I couldn't see straight.

My body was burning up as weights held it down and crushed me. I felt like I was in a pool of fire, sinking deeper and deeper from the weights into the burning molten lava. I couldn't get out no matter how hard I thrashed. The flames lapped up my skin turning it into ash as my screams pierced the still air. And my head...oh god my head. The intense pressure made me believe someone had placed a bomb into it and it just kept exploding. Rewind. Exploding. Rewind. Exploding. Until the only thing I knew was the feeling of my brain coming apart and melting into my crushed skull, then coming together again and repeating the process. It was endless and ruthless and the cruelest thing that life had ever made me experience.

"Kenna," I heard a voice whisper into my unhearing ears, "it's going to be okay, Kenna."

I couldn't breathe. My head. My body. Each pain consuming me until all I knew was the feeling of death...and yet it was worse than death. It was a merciless pain that wouldn't bring me the peace of dying. It wouldn't stop.

"You're going to be okay, Kenna." That voice once again broke through the pain just enough for me to acknowledge it. "Hold on, beautiful. It will end; I promise."

I wanted to die. I wanted to feel the peace. I even preferred to feel the possible nothingness that death brought. I just wanted it to stop.

"It will end. It will all be okay. You will be okay." The soft voice kept pushing into my relentless stubbornness to live each time I had found myself giving up. "Hold on. Don't give up, Kenna. God. Please, just hold on."

†⚜†

I could feel my exhausted body curl up on my side as I began to grow conscious. The thought sprung my eyes open. I could feel my body and it wasn't fiery ash -my head wasn't blowing up from freaking dynamite.

I took in my surroundings at once, not daring to move in fear that the godawful excruciating pain would start up again. I wouldn't be able to hold on again if it did. The barren walls of the room were dark grey with a seemingly green tint to them. It was very masculine with little to no furniture besides the bed I was on. Light from the probable windows behind me lit the room up, making it not seem all that dark despite the wall colours.

But the fact remained; I didn't know where I was.

Also, my head was laying on someone's lap -a thigh to be more definitive.

Flipping around bravely and receiving a nice face full of shirt, the image of a young man with copper hair and tanned skin came into focus. His eyes were closed peacefully -but I knew the colour of them immediately- and he was slumped against the bed's headboard uncomfortably as he sat cross legged.

I frowned in thought. Was it his voice I heard? The one that kept bringing me back from the ledge?

His eyes slowly blinked open sleepily. He yawned himself awake, rubbing his eyes with the back of his hand. His movement stopped as he caught sight of me looking up at him in wonder, still using his thigh as a pillow.

"Kenna?" His breathless voice was full of relief as his viridian green eyes captured mine.

And then my head begun to spin. Violently. It was nothing compared to before, but I still felt the urge to grasp something tightly as the pressure pounded like a drum on the inside of my forehead.

Then it was all back. It came in flashes. First I saw his fangs and felt the denial and horrifying realization of finding out monsters were real. Then I was back in the forest; his hair shining red in the sunlight as he watched me draw him as his true form -as a Vampire. And then the words he told me just before I forgot everything.

"I'm not going to hurt you"

My eyes blinked open, finding my face pressed into his stomach as I grasped his shirt. I sat up and pulled myself away from him at once. My head was still spinning.

But I felt...betrayed. He made me forget. And he lied -he did hurt me. He made me hurt so much.

His concerned bright eyes were on me as I stumbled off of the bed, landing on my bottom and wrists painfully as I watched him with pain written into my very expression.

It was all of his fault. All of the pain. That never ending pain that made me want to die -it was all because of him.

"Why?" I croaked out, my body trembling. I could feel the tears falling down my cheeks, blinding my vision in the process. "Why did you do this to me? Why did you lie to me and hurt me?"

†⚜†

Viri's bedroom above! well, part of it! The rest is empty except for a chair I'll mention later.
Poor Kenna :(
Thanks for reading again :D