Chapter 41

Aroura's POV

Tears gathered in the corner of my eyes, as I watched with a long face as the dark oak casket was lowered in the six foot hole in the earth. Sobs echoed throughout the clearing, all coming from the small girl wrapped in my arms. She shook softly, having just lost the most important person in her life. I stepped forward when it was my turn, grabbing a handful of dirt.

"I'll treasure the precious moments we knew each other." My throat closed up as I released the dirt, watching it fall onto the closed casket. Iris was next.

Her body shook as she took a fist full of dirt and slowly letting it drop onto her fathers casket.

"I'll miss you Daddy."

She collapsed as she was within arms reach, having had enough. I took her into my arms her hands gripping my shirt tightly as another tsunami of grief hit.

The rest of the circle, who were Antony's closest friends and family, each took turns throwing their handfuls of soil. Soon it was done and people said their goodbyes and started leaving. Iris finally passed out sagging in my arms.

When the last person had left, Jason came around and pick up Iris gently, knowing she needed the sleep. He carried her back to the castle setting her on her queen sized bed. We tucked her in shutting the door quietly.

It was back at the room that my facade had worn off. The waterworks came and Jason held me through it rubbing my back softly. Somewhere between there my eyes closed and I fell asleep, crying for a father I would never know.

***

The next couple weeks were hard the man that taught us about fates pushed us hard mentally and physically. It felt as if they just wanted us to move on from Antony as if he hadn't died just weeks ago. Iris woke up three days after the funeral and has eaten barely enough to feed a bird. I was worried about the strain this was taking on her.

The coronation seemed weeks ahead yet only days remained. Noah would be coming up the day before the coronation wanting to provide support for us as we change our live forever. The days slowly passed and the whole castle buzzed with the excitement of the new King and Queen.

My belly now had a small bump. Making Jason almost squeal in delight, spending what seemed like hours kissing my stomach and the growing baby inside me. We decided to wait and be surprised about the gender, although Jason was sure it was a girl.

"You're going to be a daddy's girl aren't you." He would say at times while kissing my stomach sweetly.

The castle prepared for the next day and my nerves felt like they were about to fri. I spent the night lovingly with Jason. The next morning getting ready for the day.

"Are you ready?" I asked as we laid in bed waiting for the assistants to come to prepare us for the coronation.

"No, probably not. But as long as I'm with you I can do anything." Jason leaned in and softly kissed my lips pulling away when a knock was heard at the door. We got out of the bed going into separate rooms to get ready for the coronation. My long golden blond hair was curled and bobby pinned back out of my face.

They helped me into my cream dress, the dress my mother had wore on her coronation, and the Queen before that. Centuries of Queen's had worn this dress, how could I ever be worthy to stand in the same place as them. The material felt cool on my skin and the fabric hugged every curve. I wished Anthony was here to see me, to help me, to tell me my mother would be so proud. I looked up at the portrait of my mother, so young and happy. I miss you, mom...

"Princess Aroura, are you okay?" One of the maids, Glenda asked.

"Yes, I think I will be now."