Chapter 39

Jason's POV

The next morning I awoke to the soft even breaths of, Aroura. I smiled when I saw what position we were in, I was practically laying on top of her my head nestled between her neck. I lovingly placed soft kisses up and down her neck and collarbone, my hands trailing down her sides. Soon she woke up, groaning when she saw me.

"Can't a girl get her sleep?" She said her hands running along my back before tangling themselves in my hair.

"I need to shower," I paused for a moment. "Care to join me."

She rolled her eyes before standing up from the tangled bedsheets.

***

Aroura moaned as she took another bite of the, as she had earlier described, delicious pancakes I had made her for breakfast.

"Thanks for breakfast." She said making me smile softly at her.

"It was my pleasure." I said before stretching out my hand for her to take before pulling her to the bedroom.

I froze immediately though when I heard Aroura whimper, I turned to ask her what was wrong when her scent wafted through the air, my eyes widened. She was in heat. I pushed down the desire to mate and lifted Aroura's chin to look in her eyes.

"It's okay," I said trying to block out my wolf"s thoughts, which were anything but PG.

"Why don't you go lay down in bed and I'll get you some ice cream." I frowned when she whimpered but she nodded painfully anyway.

I quickly ran to the kitchen grabbing the bucket of ice cream that Mary had bought for us. Not caring about grabbing a bowl I ran back into the other room, almost growling when I saw Aroura laying in bed in nothing but one of my shirts. I carefully handed her the things I had brought. Being careful not to give into the desire to pounce and claim those sinful red lips, as my own.

She took them gratefully, before scooping a big scoop of her ice cream. I grabbed the remote and turned on a movie. She smiled at me as I laid down in bed with her, shivering when our bare skin met. I softly groaned before pushing back my wolf.

"Thank you, Jason." She said sighing when I tangled our bare legs together.

"Anything for you," I said. It was unfair really if you thought about it, girls had it way worse than guys, they had to go through this every month and let's not even mention Periods, then there was childbirth. If I could take all the pain away from her I would, every ounce.

"Do you really mean that?" I heard Aroura whisper. She had read my mind through the link.

"Every word," I said gently kissing her forehead. I shifted my body, pulling the covers and tucking them softly around my precious, beautiful mate. I laid back down wrapping my arms around her waist and pulling her to my bare chest. Loving the sparks that ignited when we touched.

***

The next morning woke up to see Aroura laying on top of me this time, our positions switched from last time. I ran my hands down her sides grabbing her hips and turning us over. She groaned before her eyes flutter open, smiling when she saw me.

"Morning." I whispered softly brushing my lips slowly against hers.

"You do know our heat ended yesterday." She said making me smile as I trailed kisses down her neck.

"So?" I questioned.

"Nevermind." I could hear the smile in her voice. Pulling away I smirked at her.

"What does my beautiful," I paused to kiss her before pulling back, "Mate want."

She shivered before answering me. "I- I" She gulped. "I was just wondering if we could go on a walk?"