Chapter 32

After I had a few new outfits Jason led me back to the car. My wolf and I, although grateful for Jason's mood swing, were still cautious waiting for this all to be a dream or some joke. As we drove I thanked the Moon Goddess for today, for the childish sparkle in Jason's eyes, and for the small silver ring sitting on my left finger.

As we continued driving on Jason only once turning onto a dirt road just off the highway. I watched as he drove on the road carefully, and then as if he could feel me staring, looked over at me. I blushed and looked away, watching the tress fly by us as we drove. A warm hand wrapped around mine pulling me out of my thoughts. I looked down at my hands first, seeing Jason's hand wrapped softly around my smaller one.

Somehow my gaze drifted up to where Jason was watching me with a soft smile.

"I don't know what I did to deserve you." I whispered softly.

"You don't know! I don't know what I did to deserve you." He murmured squeezing my hand a little tighter.

We continued down the road then about half a mile from the next turn Jason slowed to a stop and he got out, opening my door, and waited as I looked around the vast greenery around us. Jason softly took my hand in his and started leading me into the forest on a unmarked path, although I was curious as to where we were going, I kept quiet not wanting to ruin the moment. After another minuet of walking we finally reached a clearing with a variety of flowers everywhere, and In the middle of the small clearing was a blanket placed down with a picnic basket on top.

"Oh Jason, It's beautiful!" I exclaimed turning around and wrapping my arms around his neck and passionately kissed him on the lips. After a second I finally pull away and look at Jason seeing him a little dazed.

"I wouldn't mind getting one of those often." He said lightly kissing the tip of my nose before he setting me down on my feet.

" And I wouldn't mind giving one of those often, If you deserve it." I smirked at him. Didn't say anything only leading me over to sit on the blanket.

Jason hands me a ham and cheese sandwich, which I was more than happy to finish for him. After a few hours of talking, and actually getting to know him more. The sky soon gets dark and the stars come out and Jason and I are laying down on the blanket my head laying softly on his chest as his arms completely surround me. Heat radiates from the both of us as werewolves normally run on a higher temperature then humans, the reason we have pack doctors, since if we went to a normal hospital they would have a few questions for us.

Jason tilts head slightly up and softly he captures my lips in a soft kiss. He pulls away and sighs,

"That should have been our first kiss." He looks away shamefully not meeting my eyes.

"Jason don't be mad at yourself no one blames you okay I've forgiven you why can't you forgive yourself." He sighs looking back at me.

"Your right, I'm sorry I ruined the moment didn't I?" I shook my head and then gave a sheepish look "Yaa you sort of did." 

"But I still love you for it." I say cuddling back up to his chest as we spent the rest of the night in each others arms.

***

The Jason was gone when I woke up but had left a note on the nightstand saying he had to do some Alpha duties that couldn't wait and he would be back before lunch. It felt nice to not be fighting, I could only hope It lasted. I got up and out of bed walking into the bathroom to do my morning routine. I cursed myself when I smelt blood, how could I forget the date. Looking around under the sink for them would be useless as Jason was a guy. Why did it have to be today. I looked at the time it was just past nine in the morning. I could probably make it to the store and back before Jason got back. I quickly put on some clothes and grabbed Jason's truck keys. He wouldn't need them right?  Hopefully not.