Hallways and Hospital Rooms

His body was sore and he didn't really want to talk to the doctor that kept asking him the same questions over and over again.

Did he try to commit suicide? Had he ever thought about suicide before? What brought about his running away? How had he gotten the bruise on his face? Did someone attack him?

Stiles deflected most of the questions and even straight up lied about the bruise that had formed across his left cheek. He told the Doctor that he got it falling in the ditch while walking.

After about an hour of interrogation from the Doctor Stiles really just wanted to go home.

"Why did you go to your mother's grave?"

Stiles stared at the ceiling. His jaw clenching and his fuze already burnt out he was wanting to smash the nosy Doctor in the face. "Well I wanted to go visit her grave Doc."

"But why?"

Stiles eyes leveled the Doctor with a gaze that dark fed up glare that only Stiles could pull off. He didn't answer. He just stared at the doctor.

A knock came to the door and thankfully the Doctor sighed and told him he could go back to his room.

Stiles was fuming as he limped back to his room. Only about half way there Derek was standing waiting in the hallway leaning against the wall.

He spotted Stiles and his brooding stopped and he rushed forward and put his arm around his waist and helped him walk down the hall. "Easy there. How are your legs?"

Stiles felt his anger and frustrations melt away and he leaned into Derek and sighed. "Sore. Thanks." Stiles felt ridiculous for walking around in his boxers and a hospital gown because he wasn't allowed to wear his own clothes yet.

"What did the Doctor say?" Derek's voice was soft and quiet as he helped him into the room.

Stiles felt his frustrations flare up as he groaned. "He basically asked the same questions over and over the entire time. Such a waist of time." Stiles sat down and rubbed his calf trying to dull the burning ache in it.

Derek sat beside him on the bed and took hold of his chin softly. He felt him pull his chin slowly so that he was looking up into those sharp green eyes. "Talking to someone could help..."

Stiles wanted to pull away so that he could hide from the truth behind those eyes. Instead he just huffed. "Not that guy. He's an ass-hat."

"I'd like you to start talking to Deaton like we talked about." Derek told him as he kissed the corner of his lips gently.

Stiles grumbled and that only made Derek caress his cheek just under the bruise.

"I don't want to lose you... I..." Derek's suddenly show of vulnerability made a lump form in Stiles throat. "I just don't want to lose you, Stiles."

Stiles swallowed around the lump and put his arms around Derek's broad solid shoulders and hugged him tight. He felt him wrap his arms around his waist and felt so safe and whole in these arms. "I'll talk to Deaton. Okay? I'll talk to him..."

Derek rewarded him with soft kisses and being pulled into this lap as he sat holding him and caressing his back and hair. Since Derek found him it was like the normally distant man had to keep touching him to make sure he was really here and really safe.

Being in Derek's arms made him feel safe.

He must have fallen asleep eventually because he woke up when he heard a knock at the door to the room.

Opening his eyes he blinked blurrily as he looked up from Derek's chest were he fell asleep to see his father walking in and freezing at the sight of him laying tangled with Derek in the thin hospital sheets and blanket.

Their eyes lock and time seems to stop.

�kx'h