don't lie to me

It didn't take long for Stiles to shower and then he brushed his teeth and got dressed. He wore his normal clothes and his red hoodie. He came downstairs to see Scott sitting at the table in the kitchen looking guilty. He looked up seeing Stiles and he was up across the room hugging Stiles hard. Shocked he hugged him back and then he heard him speaking a little choked up. "God Stiles man Im so sorry I didnt come with you . I should have come with you. I'm sorry you went through that." Scott was not letting him go any time soon.

So Stiles moved out of him embrace as he pats his shoulder and nods "I'm ok man. I'm okay. " Stiles told him as he moved over to the fridge and opened it he saw a plate of fruit and yogurt and granola wrapped in plastic wrap with a note that said Eat This - DH. on it. He pulled out the plate and some juice and he sat down with Scott who told him he already ate and he started to eat.

"This is really weird man..." Stiles told him as he finished up his plate and juice and cleaned up.

"Derek is a really good guy. He got Isaac away from his abusive Dad. He got him into the nice group home and even checks in on him alot." Scott told him leaving out Isaacs more private details.

"So what... I'm just his next pet project?" Stiles felt cold inside. He shook his head and then he looked over to Scott.

"No Stiles listen everything will be explained. Let's go. You and me are going to go get Isaac and go over to Derek's loft." Scott dragged Stiles with him to the Jeep and they drove over to Isaacs.

Isaac got in the back seat and reached out and touched Stiles shoulder. "Hey. Stiles... I'm so happy youre okay. We were so freaked out last night. We found Derek in the Den and told him what happened and he said he was going to go check on you. Then he called us back telling us what happened...Scott drove your jeep home and Peter took me home. I'm so sorry we didn't go with you."

"... I'm fine Isaac. You guys didn't do anything wrong. It was my fault. I messed up and did something stupid." The jeep was silent after that and they drove out to Derek's loft. They had to walk up 7 floors. Stiles grumbled and bitched that it was ridiculous that the elevator wasn't working.

When they finally knocked on the big metal sliding door. Stiles stood back away from the others his hood up and his eyes looking anywhere but the door. It slid open and there was Derek dressed casually in jeans and a Hanley t-shirt. He was barefoot. Stiles blushed at the sight of his feet. It somehow seemed indecent.

And why wasn't he wearing that dumb leather jacket. He seemed so different without it. Softer somehow. Stiles kept his eyes away from him as much as possible as he heard Derek tell them to come in. He moved passed and let the door get closed behind him.

Isaac and Scott stood and seemed to be standing at attention and waiting for something. Stiles looked at them curiously as Derek walked passed them and back into his loft, which was very neat and tidy and spacious. Once Derek stood near the table near the big block style windows he turned and motioned his hand towards the living area.

Scot and Isaac moved to go sit on the couch getting comfortable. It was obvious that Isaac was more comfortable then Scott.

Stiles just stayed by the door. He felt like he was intruding on something. He felt like he didn't belong here. Biting his bottom lip he looked around the loft and kept his eyes away from Derek as much as he could.

"Stiles. Come here. We are going to talk." Derek's voice brokered now arguments.

But Stiles balked. Staying where he was and he kept his hands in his hoodi pockets. "Listen... I just came to thank you for what you did for me last night... Im sorry I attacked you. So yeah. That's it. What I had to say." Stiles started to step back when he froze.

"You will come here. You will let me say what I have to say. Now." Derek was still standing by the table and Scott and Isaac's heads were bowed as if they felt like they were in trouble.

Stiles looked up with wide eyes watching Derek as he stood and waited. Those dark green eyes were boring holes right through him.

Stiles hardened his expression and fisted his hands at his side as he walked over to Derek. He hated that he was actually doing what the man was telling him to do.

Once he was in front of the older man he looked up into his eyes challengingly. He saw that it irked the dominant man. "What? What do you want to say?"

Derek looked into Stiles eyes carefully then he quietly asked "How are you feeling?"

Stiles hardened expression faltered and confusion filled his amber brown eyes. He stepped back a little and looked away from those searching green eyes. "I'm peachy. Tip top. High on life."

Suddenly Stiles felt Derek's hand on the back of his neck and then his fingers pulling his chin up to look into his eyes. "Don't lie to me."