bad habit

Stiles sat on the back porch roof his ear buds in listening to Failure by Breaking Benjamin. He had his red hoodie on and he was inhailing from his 3rd cigarette . he hated them. He hated the taste and the smell. He only ever smoked when he was out of options. When the hidden bottle of Jack was calling his name. Wen breaking down and giving up sounded so much sweater then trying anymore.

He got addicted to cigarettes when he was 15. He did it to get attention from his Dad. Then he realized.... His Dad either didn't notice the smell of smoke on him or the butts littering the back yard around his window.... Or he didn't care. So he took it upon himself to stop.

Now he only pulls out the killer sticks in dyer emergencies. He sat with his feet dangling off the porch and tears leaking out of his eyes every once in a while puffing on his hated cigs. Wiping his cheeks as he looks up at the sky which was grey and cloudy and cold.

Stiles just listened to the music alone and outside of the empty house. He had looked forward to telling his Dad he had made it onto the team at school. It was the first time bed ever made it into a sport. He was always too clumsy. He was looking forward to seeing his father smile at him with pride and telling him how great it was.

It started to sprinkle. The rain drops pitter patting on him and the roof.

He didn't move. He didn't have the energy to. Scratching at his face and wiping his cheeks he sighed. When it started to really rain he just put out his cig and sat on the roof. He was staring out at the sky untill he saw something.

What the hell.

Looking down he saw Scott and Isaac in his back yard waiving at him with their arms. They looked worried. "Shit." he pulled his ear buds out and realized they were yelling at him.

"Ey! Stiles Earth To Stiles!" Scott was yelling.

"-iles! Hey get down! What the hell man!" Isaac was yelling.

Stiles slides down and hangs off the porch roof and then lands on the porch and turns around "hey sorry I was listening to music on my mp3. " he looked at them keeping his hood up hoping to hide the fact that he had been crying.

"Hey man you okay?" Scott touches his shoulder and Stiles just puts on that patented Stiles grin.

"Yeah man what's up." Stiles opens the back door and let's them in as he steps into the house.

"We saw you smoking on your roof and tried calling you but you didn't answ." Isaac said watching him carefully.

"It's nothing I left my phone charging in here. See."picking up his phone and pocketing it seeing missed calls from Scot and Isaac.

"You smoke? I never smelled it on you before?" Scott sounded worried. "Those are really bad for you Stiles. You should quit."

Stiles gave a few harsh little puffs of laughter. "Yeah. You're right." he said as he went into the kitchen.

"So what happened?" Isaac asked as if he already knew something had made Stiles upset.

"It was nothing man what are you two up to? Kicking was and taking names?" he asks.

Scott and Isaac look at him and then shrug. "We were going to get ready to go to the Den... We were wondering if you wanted to come with us just to check it out." Scott asked him.

Stiles thought about saying no. That it wasn't his thing. But he couldn't stand being in this empty house anymore. "Sure sounds like fun."

Isaac held out a black leather jacket. "Here its mine and were probably the same size. Go get dressed... Actually we will help you." Isaac was already headed up the stairs. He and Scott picked out clothes for Stiles and Stiles stood in the mirror looking himself over. He actually looked okay. Isaacs leather jacket fit him perfectly over his black batman shirt and they even found his black jeans. Stiles decided to wear his yellow chucks to set off his batman shirt.

"Not half bad Stalinski" Isaac nodded.

"Time to go." Scott said as they left the house and got in Stiles jeep. They headed to the Den.

Stiles hoped tonight would at least be interesting.