breaking

Stiles felt like he was road kill. When he blinked his eyes opened the world spun slowly and his body made a weak attempt to grip the sheets to pull himself over the edge of the bed. Suddenly he felt hands on him and helping him to the bathroom and he was throwing up.

Thankfully it was into the toilet. He heaved everything that was in his stomachs out and he felt those hands rubbing his back. He finished puking and those hands helped him wipe his mouth and the slowly picked him up and started helping him back to bed. Stiles turned into those arms tears streaming down his face as he hid his face in the big warm chest. "I'm sorry Dad. I'm sorry I didn't mean to mess up. I'm sorry... Please don't be mad I just-"

"Stiles..." Derek's voice said by his ear.

Stiles tensed and then pulled back to see that he was crying against Derek Hales chest. Confusion filled his mind. He pulled away and stumbled to the window seeing it was still dark out. He looked out his blinds to see the drive was empty exept for his jeep.

He heard Derek call his name again but he just looked from the window to his alarm clock. It was 2 am. He looked back out at the drive and then he just sat down in his computer chair. He didn't look at anything in particular. Just stared blankly at his desk. He didn't even hear Derek speaking to him. He just shut down.

He felt hands on him again. They were gently pulling him up out of the desk chair then helping him to lay back down on his bed. He hated every touch. Hated it because soon it would be gone.

He didn't realize that he was still crying untill he felt warm calloused fingers wiping his tears away. He looked up and saw Derek looking down at him. "Its ok. Just rest. I'll make sure you're ok."

Stiles stared at him blankly. Why. Why did this stranger care? "Leave me alone." he said as he turned over putting his back towards Derek.

"I'm not leaving you alone when your like this." Derek said as if that was the end of the conversation.

"... I hate you... Just leave me alone..." Stiles said weakly as he felt like he was bleeding inside.

Derek's voice was calm " get some rest Stiles."

Stiles curled up and his body tensed as he tried to stop the pain inside him ripping him apart. "Leave me alone you freak. You perverted creeper. Watching me sleep get you off? Get out and leave me alone!" Stiles hissed at him as he turned back around and kicked out at him.

Derek was moving fast in an instant. He suddenly had ahold of Stiles and was gripping his wrists across his chest again as he had Stiles back against his chest. Derek wasn't hurting him he was just holding him as Stiles cursed at him and thrashed and yelled at him.

All through it Derek calmly and softly whispered. "Its ok. It's ok. I've got you. I've got you. I'm here."

"I hate you I hate you leave me alone I hate you!" Stiles was whispering back as he felt Derek lay with him holding him like that in his bed.

After a while the hold of Derek's hands around his wrists and arms around his body felt better then anything bed had in years. He knew he would miss this feeling when it was gone and then hed be alone again. Hed be so alone.

He would miss being held. Being cared for. Even in this moment as he smelled like sweat and vomit and had snot and tears running down his face, he felt cared for.

All the while Derek whispered softly as he held him. That was how he fell asleep. Broken and in the arms of this man who refused to leave him alone or let him go when he was breaking apart.