3 weeks later

It had been three weeks. Three weeks of Stiles ignoring everyone at school. Three weeks of missed texts and calls from Scott and Isaac. Three weeks of staying in and playing games by himself. Of watching movies by himself. Of being by himself.

Three weeks of Lacrosse practice being tense because Scott and Isaac keep trying to talk to him but he just ignores them.

Three weeks of silence.

He and his father had made plans to out to eat for his birthday. He was turning 18. His father took that day off work and said they would spend the whole day together. Stiles was doing well in school. Even if the chemistry teacher was a complete douche bag that had it out for him. He had most of his classes at a high B or A.

That morning Stiles woke up and heard his father already knocking on his door and telling him to get up.

Stiles smiled as he pulled on his clothes. He went down the stairs and saw his father in his civilian clothes and grinned wide.

Stiles told his Dad all about his grades and classes and lacrosse. He was a non stop fountain. They walked into the diner for their birthday breakfast and sat at a booth.

Stiles ordered waffles with the works and didn't even whine when his father ordered bacon and sausage and biscuits and gravy.

They talked and ate and Stiles couldn't stop smiling. He asked his dad about work and listened as his father went on a long rant about kids joy riding and property damage and some thefts and noise complaints.

Stiles just smiled around his waffles and ate happily. He felt like this could be one of the better birthdays hed had in a while.

He smiled up after finishing his waffles only to see his father looking at him sadly.

Stiles knew that look. His own smile faltered. He suddenly felt the dark weight on his shoulders slowly sink back down onto him.

That's when it happened. John looked at him and sadly said, "You look so much like your mother... She would have been so proud of you. She loved you so much."

Stiles felt like a cold knife had just been slowly plunged into his chest. "Yeah. I know Dad. Thanks..."

"You just keep looking more like her every day... You have her nose... and her eyes... I feel like I see her every time I look at you..." John said as he looked to Stiles with tears in his eyes sounding tired.

Stiles was silent. His dad had never admitted that to him. But it made sense. Stiles reminded him of the woman he loved and had had to watch waste away from cancer. Stiles realized then why his father barely spent any time with him.

It hurt. It hurt so damn much that Stiles shut down and went numb. He put on a smile and reached over and touched his fathers hand and told him. "I love you Dad."

John nodded and blinked back tears as he stood up pulling his hand away from his son. "Im gonna go hit the head. Ill be back in a minute." Then John was walking back towards the bathroom.

Stiles watched him go and then something caught his eyes. Derek and Peter were sitting in a booth eating breakfast as well.

Stiles felt too numb to react to the way Dereks eyes were already trained on him.

Stiles sat there for a second just staring back at Derek. Then he notice Peters gaze move over to him and the little smirk on the mans face as he waived made Stiles give a silent snarl.