What happened

"Why can't I go home?" Stiles asked Deaton and Derek.

Derek was sitting beside his bed and holding his hand. Deaton was standing by the window with a pensive look on his face.

Derek frowned and gently rubbed his wrist.

Deaton was the one to answer. "Because the Doctors here believe that you had a mental break and attempted in your own way, to commit suicide. So they have placed you on a 72 hour suicide watch. Which is mandatory."

Stiles blinked down at Derek's fingers gently caressing his wrist. He couldn't exactly argue with them. He wasn't exactly sure if he had tried to kill himself by what he had done. And yeah it had felt pretty broken... so what now?

"...How... how long have I been here?" Stiles asked not looking at them but feeling Derek hold his hand a bit tighter.

"Two days. You only woke up this morning..." Derek answered him this time. Stiles looked over to the clock seeing that it was almost 5pm.

That was disconcerting. He didn't remember any of it. He rubbed his eyes and sighed feeling numb. Then he saw Derek's knuckles and black eye again. Reaching up caressing the skin around it he asked him quietly. "What happened?"

"It's nothing Stiles." Derek ducked his head and looked away from his searching gaze.

Stiles frowned slightly. "... please... " He watched as the muscle in Derek's jaw ticked and clenched. "What happened Derek..."

"I don't want to upset you Stiles..." Derek's eyes were pleading for him to let it go.

"I'm really tired Derek. Please don't make me fight you on this. Please just tell me what happened." Stiles was tired. Exhausted down to his bones.

Derek frowned and then nodded as he sat back slowly in the chair and folded his hands in his lap. He was retreating from him. That made Stiles worry.

"I... I went looking for you. Because you didn't show up to school. I kept calling your phone over and over and it just went to voicemail. Then I went driving around town looking for you. I found your jeep..." Derek tensed slowly with each word until his hands were curled into fists.

"When I found your phone in the jeep and all your stuff still in it I panicked. I drove to your father's house. I... " Derek sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "I knocked on the door to see if you were there. Your father answered the door."

Derek slowly let his eyes slide up to meet Stiles eyes. "He was drunk. He smelled like whiskey. He was not happy to see me at his door. He had a few choice words to tell me. But I asked him where you were if he had seen you and that you were missing. He... Stiles he told me what happened..."

The sentence hung in the air and Stiles slowly looked away and wanted to sleep but he just took a deep breath and then asked. "So what happened?"

Derek took a few moments to answer him. "I shouldn't have said it. But I did. I told him he was a bad father... I told him he was neglecting you for years... that he was abusive... that if he ever came near you again I would file a restraining order against him..." Derek was rubbing over his knuckles. "So he jumped me. Right there on his porch. He said some really horrible stuff... He only really got one good shot on me before... before I snapped..."

Stiles looked over at him suddenly and realized what had happened before Derek even said anything. His father had said something about him and Derek had lost his cool.

"I hit him. A lot." Derek head was down and he stared at his busted knuckles. "I didn't do any permanent damage but I hurt him. I left before he could call the department on me. I had to find you." Derek's eyes slowly lift to finally connect with Stiles golden brown ones.

There was a tense hush between them Stiles saw something in Derek's eyes then. Fear. Derek was afraid. Stiles realized that Derek was afraid that he would hate him for hurting his father.

Those deep green eyes searched his own and looked blood shot and tired. Derek had been afraid for a few days. He could tell.

Slowly Stiles reached out for him.

Derek got to his feet and leaned over the bed and Stiles wrapped his arms around him and pulled him slowly into a soft embrace. He ran his fingers through Derek's soft dark hair and nuzzled into his stubble and just held him. "Sorry I went off the deep end Derek... I didn't mean too... thank you for finding me... how did you find me?"

Stiles felt strong arms slowly wrap around him and hold him gently and lips softly kiss his cheek. "I... I looked everywhere in town... then... I just thought of where I would go... And it came to me. My mother's grave. I googled where it was... And hoped that I was right. You had a slight case of hypothermia... if you had been left out there... you would have died..." Derek's hold on him tightened a bit and he leaned back and looked into his eyes.

Stiles felt ashamed. "I didn't... you have to believe me... I didn't mean too do that... I just... I don't know what I was thinking..."

"It's okay now Stiles. I promise I will take care of you. " Derek caressed his cheek and then looked at his lips longingly.

Stiles leaned up and wanted his kiss because they still hadn't really kissed yet. He wanted Derek to kiss him.

As his lips brushed over those warm soft lush lips Derek slid his hand around the back of his neck and took control of the kiss. Slow, tender, deep and warm. Tingles of sensation ran over his mouth and down his spine. The first thing he really felt in a while and it intoxicated him.

Making a soft noise he felt Derek nip at his bottom lip as he finally pulled away and looked into his eyes. "I was so scared that I had lost you." Derek confessed.

Stiles felt a ache deep in his chest and he leaned forward and pressed his forehead to Derek's brow and just held onto him. "You found me... You saved me... You keep saving me... Everytime..." first it was at the club and then when he needed a place to live and then when he had a panic attack and even when he had slipped into a depression. Derek was always there finding him and saving him. Stiles looked up into those deep green eyes and realized something. Something huge.

He was in love with Derek Hale.