Everything Changed

The next time Stiles woke up it was to the sound of his phone buzzing over and over. He slowly opened his eyes and saw that it was around sunset.

Reaching out he saw that he had 4 missed calls and a few texts. He stared at his phone and sighed. He didn't really want to open his phone. He really didn't want to talk to anyone. Like anyone. Ever again. He would be okay with just sleeping for the rest of his life.

Yes he knew that was dramatic but he was just so tired. So numb. He didn't feel anything at the moment. Just a distance from his own self. Like he wasn't really there. It made him tired. He knew he was being a little shit for bailing on everyone that had started to actually care for him.

He stopped thinking when he remembered that fact. They cared. They cared but his own father didn't. He knew he should just be thankful anyone cares about him at all. But after losing his mom at a young age his father had been all he had had for so long.

Stiles got up slowly and checked his phone. There was a text that was from Derek.

-Scott and Isaac told me you werent at school. You lied to me-

Stiles stared at that text for a while. Then he turned his phone off. Sliding it into his pocket he walked down stairs and then went into the kitchen and started cooking.

He put a few casarols together for his father. He made healthy food. He knew that it wasn't going to change anything. That was okay. Stiles was fine. Just fine. He would take care of his Dad. No matter what.

It took 2 hours and there were 3 casarols in the fridge ready to eat at any time that his father needed to grab something.

He cleaned the fridge off of all the notes not really bothering to read them. He Cleaned the house because his father had been slacking like usual. Stiles did his fathers laundry and then set the basket on his fathers bed and then he went back up to his own room and sighed.

What was he doing...

He heard a car pull into the drive. Looking out the window he saw his father cruiser pull in.

He was just about to go try to talk to him but instead he just closed his room door and sat on his bed.

He stared at the wall and listened to the sounds of his father coming into the house and then he heard him yell from the kitchen "Thanks for the food Buddy."

Stiles took a deep breath and called out. "Youre welcome Dad."

Stiles looked down at his hands and wondered if he could change his looks would his father be able to stand his presence. If he changed his nose. If he wore contacts. If he became another person entirely... would his father care... Would he finally be there.

Stiles knew that logically his father was just so deep in grief that he couldn't face the son that looked so much like his dead wife.

But stiles had been the boy that lost his mother... but hed been so strong about it that people didn't see how badly Stiles had been hurt by it.

He was tired again. Tired of thinking. Tired of remembering. Tired of being him.

So he just lay down and close his eyes.

He must not have been asleep for very long when he was awoken by a noise. Blinking his eyes open he slowly sat up and then pulled the covers off him and stood up and looked around. Moving over to his door he opened it expecting his father to be moving around in the hall.