Chapter 25: Starting The New Year

~*I hope you all enjoy this chapter. This one is starting the end of the story. Only a few more chapters now til the story is over. I know you all are sad. But I will make a sequel to this story. So enjoy the final few chapters and don't forget to vote and comment! As always, I love you all!

Ashley*~

                                                             Chapter 25

 Things have been peaceful after all the horrible events that occurred.  It was finally time for the New Year to come and we welcomed it in peacefully and happily. It was going to be a new start to our lives and we couldn’t have been any more thrilled about the New Year. Alice had thrown a party, inviting Renesmee’s friends from school. Renesmee had such a good time, that I had not seen her so happy in months. And I wanted her to stay happy like that from now on.

After the New Year arrived, we started relaxing more every day. The more days that passed with no drama, the more we became hopeful that the Volturi were not going to bother us or the pack. Of course they were not going to forget completely about the promises the pack and ourselves made. But hopefully they would leave us in peace for a few years. We deserved that much at least after the past few times we have had to deal with them.

It had been a few weeks now since the year started. Renesmee and Jacob left earlier this morning to go to the reservation for the day. Renesmee had been wanting to go see Billy and the pack for awhile now. And Jacob needed to go talk to Sam after he had called Jake two days ago. Jacob had pulled me aside before they left this morning, telling me that Sam informed him that he had something important to discuss with Jacob. He didn’t want to worry Renesmee about this but I could tell Jacob was a little worried himself.

My mind couldn’t stop wondering about what Sam needed to talk to him about. My first thoughts were about Sam needing Jacob on the reservations more than he has been. Then they started to turn into something else entirely. I started to think that maybe the pack came across an vampire’s scent or even worse, they came across a vampire scent that were from the Volturi. I knew what would happen if someone from the Volturi came and saw my daughter with Jacob still. We wouldn’t be able to talk our ways out of it this time. It would mean a fight with them or losing a family member. Or losing Jacob and the pack forever. I couldn’t bare to think about either one of those options. They just were not something I would be able to handle if it happened.

Edward and I were at our meadow, spending some time together. I was so deep in thought that I didn’t hear him calling my name, trying to get my attention.

“Bella?” Edward voice had a hint of concern in it. I finally looked at him, acknowledging him.

“What are you thinking about, love?”

“Nothing really.” I responded, looking away again. Edward put his hand underneath my chin, and gently lifted my face up to look at him.

“Tell me.” He spoke softly. “It has to be something important to make you so deep n thought.” He stated as I stared into his eyes, getting lost in them.