Chapter 24: Ending The Threat

*~Hey guys! As I promised here is Chapter 24 in celebration of Breaking Dawn Part 1 coming out. I hope you all enjoy this chapter. And I did not put a cliffhanger at the end. I'm so sorry I do that so much. I honestly don't mean too. Alot of times it just happens. So I made sure to not put a cliffhanger on this one! So be sure to vote and comment! Love you all! - Ashley~*

                                                                          Chapter 24

I stood there staring towards the woods. Edward growled, looking in the same direction as me. The feeling I had was right. We were being followed, and the person following us was not a friend. They emerged from the woods, staring back at us. Jacob held Renesmee tightly in his arms, protecting her from the visitors. Renesmee woke up at the sound of Edward growling, looked over and saw Mike and Tanya walking towards us. This was going to end and going to end now. I had so much anger building up inside me that it was taking over my body. My natural instincts started to kick in, and my body urged to go forward and lunged at them. But I fought against it and stayed put, next to Edward.

“Jacob, take Renesmee inside. And keep her there, do not let her come out here at all.” Edward said in a low voice.

Jacob never took his eyes off our visitors, he kept glaring at them with a look that could kill. He nodded his head and went inside quickly with Renesmee. Edward stood closer to me, both of us crouched down, ready to attack. I didn’t realize until now that I had my shield back and I quickly wrapped it around Edward and I. I knew my shield was useless against Mike’s power, but I kept us wrapped tightly inside it. I tried making my shield stronger, in hopes that it could maybe take the edge off of Mike’s powers.

“It seems already you aren’t following through with your promise to the Volturi.” Tanya spoke, as they walked closer to us, her voice sounding amused.

“Too bad you won’t live to tell him that.” Edward threatened, clenching his hands into a tight fist.

Tanya took another step closer towards us, leaving Mike behind her. She kept her eyes on Edward, smiling sweetly at him. I let out a low warning growl to her, which only made her smile bigger.

“Edward, you know you could never hurt me. I’m family remember?” She spoke in a sweet voice.

“Tanya, the moment you put my family in danger is the moment you became our enemy rather than a family member. After everything you have done to my daughter and my wife. I wouldn’t doubt me in ending your life right now.” Edward said through clenched teeth.

Tanya just laughed loudly, still staring at Edward. I looked behind her at Mike, and as soon as he caught my eye, he smiled at me. I glared at him, crouching lower, fighting the urge to attack him. He walked forward, finally joining Tanya and standing beside her. Then Emmett and Jasper came running out of the house and standing beside Edward and me.

“What the hell are you doing here? Your not welcomed here anymore Tanya.” Emmett said to her.