Chapter 15: Not Again

~*~ I hope you all enjoy this chapter. I want to also let everyone know. I will be posting a chapter every week. I know before I use to beable to post more than one chapter but here lately I have been too busy to do more than one chapter. I may sometimes get 2 chapters up in one week. But just depends on how busy I am.

Thank you to all my fans and readers. Especially here recently when i had some not so nice comments posted about my story. I love you all and appreciate every single one of you!

Please dont forget to vote and comment!!

Enjoy!

Ashley~*~

Chapter 15

The memories of when Edward first left me flooded my mind. I wrapped my arms around my stomach, just like I did back then. The pain in my chest, where my heart would be, was worse then I remembered it being the first time. I couldn’t stop the painful memories of Edward saying goodbye to me in the woods. His words that had hurt me, kept replaying over and over. Each time brought on a new round of pain in my chest.

My breathing had sped up quickly, reacting to what was happening. I tried to take deep breaths to calm myself, but it wasn’t working. Being vampire, I didn’t necessarily need air. But breathing was comforting to me and it still felt nice. And when I was human, during my darkest hours, taking deep breaths had helped me calm down. But not this time, no matter how many times I took a deep breath, I wasn’t calming down.

The memories continued playing through my mind.

As I was sitting on the floor, hunched over, trying to hold myself together with my arms. I heard Mike starting to laugh. I forced myself to look up at him and saw him staring at me, smiling wide.

“I am loving my power” He chuckled. “It’s quite fun to watch what it does to people.”

I managed to get a growl out at him. As soon as I did, I regretted it. The pain inside me intensified even more. It was so intense that I fell completely over onto the floor, closing my eyes and curling up into a ball. I didn’t know how much more I could handle.

Just as I was about to give in and beg for Mike to stop torturing me, I heard a noise in the distance outside. I knew instantly it was Edward by the sound of his movement. He was on his way to the cottage. Mike must have heard him approaching as well, because suddenly the pain was gone.

I opened my eyes and looked up at Mike once more. As he was about to jump out the window, Edward came flying through the front door. He instantly looked at Mike, growling. Mike smirked and jumped out the window, running deeper into the woods.

As soon as Mike left, Jasper and Emmett charged through the front door. Jasper and Emmett both looked down at me confused for a second. Then I saw a pained expression go across Jasper’s face. He was feeling the emotional pain I was feeling. He looked to Edward for a second before looking back at me. I looked at Edward and saw what my face must have looked like reflected on his. Jasper had thought to him and showed him the pain I was feeling. All this happened within 15 seconds before Edward spoke to them about Mike.