Chapter 21: The Volturi

*~Here is the next chapter. I hope you all enjoy it. Vote, Comment and let me know what you think! Love you all!
Ashley~*

                                                            Chapter 21

                                                       ~*Bella’s POV*~

I stood there trying to figure out what was going on. The Volturi acted confused to why I was asking for my father. And Aro said he had Mike and Tanya lead us here. So where was my father? Were we just tricked into coming to Volturi when they took my father somewhere else? And why did Aro want Mike and Tanya to bring us here?

I looked over at Edward, confused. Edward was glaring at Aro, growling quietly.

“Edward?” I whispered, placing my hand on his arm. He looked at me, his face was filled with anger. Whatever Aro was thinking, Edward didn’t like.

“Charlie isn’t here, Bella.” He said through clenched teeth.

“Wait, what? Where is he then?!” I panicked.

“He’s at work Bella. Mike and Tanya tricked you. They tricked us all.” Alice answered. I looked over and saw her coming out of a vision. I growled in response and looked towards Aro.

“Aro just tell us what you want.” Jasper said, he was guarded. Looking everywhere, I’m guessing to make sure no one was trying to sneak up behind us to attack.

“We were informed that young Renesmee here has broken a very important rule.” Aro explained.

“Well, actually Aro. All of the Cullen’s have broken the rules” Caius corrected, sounding a bit too happy about that. Of course he would be happy, Caius has wanted to destroy us since Edward, Alice and I were here years ago.

“Ah, you are correct, Caius.” Aro agreed, looking at him and then turning back to us.

“And what rule did we happen to break, Aro?” Edward asked rudely, his body still tensed.

“The most important rule that we have, Edward.” Aro said, staring at us with an almost terrifying look in his eyes. “To keep the existence of our kind a secret.”

“We have NOT broken that rule!” Edward snapped, I placed my hand on his arm.

“Edward, you sound so sure of yourself. Let me remind you of a certain human.” Caius smirked at him before continuing.

“Ricky.”

As soon as Caius said Ricky’s name, a growl came out of everyone, including the three wolves. Renesmee on the other hand did not growl, I heard a tiny gasp escape her lips. I looked back at her and saw the fear in her eyes. Jacob must have felt her getting scared, because he moved his head to her, rubbing her arm with his head in a comforting way.

“There was a situation with Ricky that needed to be handled. But we made sure that everyone would think he hit his head too hard, including himself. So the secret was never really exposed.” Alice spoke to them.

“And what situation would require you exposing who you are to him?” Aro asked, but his voice made me feel like he already knew what had happened to my daughter. He looked at Edward and walked to him.

“Let me see what happened.” He said to him, holding his hands out, taking Edward’s hand, reading everything in his mind. I stood there, watching and waiting. Worried about what is going to happen next.