Chapter 19: The Trail

~*~  Hey guys! Heres chapter 19! Sorry its so short! Next chapter will be longer! Enjoy and vote and comment!!!!
Ashley                                            

                                                         Chapter 19

As soon as the phone line went dead, numerous things went through my mind. I thought that maybe I was too late and my father was doomed to this life forever. Or the last thought that passed through my mind, was even harder to think about. My father was killed becasue of what I am.

I was snapped out of my thoughts quickly when Edward growled. Before I could think of what he was doing, he had me up in his arms, running through the woods, back to the main house. We burst through the door and first person we saw was Alice.

“I saw.” She simply said. “I’ve already told the others. And of course, Nessie doesn’t know.”

“I need to go to Charlie’s...now.” I ordered and looked at both of them.

Edward didnt argue, he nodded at Alice and took my hand. Then we were out the back door again, running towards Charlie’s.

It felt like I couldn’t run fast enough, that my legs were holding me back from getting to my father’s house. Those horrible thoughts kept running through my mind again. I couldn’t stop them from entering. I just had this horrible feeling that I was too late. That my father was either dead or doomed to this life. That made the anger inside me build up, and I pushed my legs faster.

I saw Charlie’s house coming into view as we ran through the woods. I looked at Edward and saw his face was in deep thought.

“Can you hear anyone’s thoughts?” I asked him, trying to keep the panick out of my voice.

Edward never said a word, he just shook his head ‘no’. Edward then picked up the speed pulling me along with him.

We bust through the front door, searching for danger while looking for my father. The fear and panic finally coming out of me.

“DAD?!” I yelled as I ran upstairs. I didn’t find him anywhere up there. I ran back downstairs and to the living room. I stopped dead in my tracks as soon as i saw it. The living room was destroyed. Practically everything was on the floor, and it was clear to tell my father was in here. He was probably on the couch watching the game, like he always does. Then Mike and Tanya come in and make him pay for my mistake. I looked around the rom at the items on the floor, there was definitely a struggle in here. That only made the anger inside me build more, my father tried to fight back.

As I looked around, something caught my eye near the kitchen. I looked up and saw my fathers shoe sticking out, lifeless. I froze completely, afraid to see anymore. I knew right then, that my father was dead.

“Edward” I barely managed to whisper. Edward followed my stare and rushed to my side.

“Bella, I dont smell any blood.” He informed me.

But I knew that meant nothing. He was a fragile human, they could have ust snapped his neck. Blood wouldnt have been shed if that happened. I cringed at the thought. My insides felt like I could fall apart. This is worse than the pain Mike made me feel. My father was dead and it was all because of me. He didn’t deserve this. He didn’t deserve to have his life end this way.

I grabbed a hold of Edward, afraid my legs were about to go out on me. Edward wrapped an arm around my waist, supporting me. I couldn’t take my eyes off his shoe. Part of me wanted to go into the kitchen and the other part was telling me not too. I knew if I saw my fathers dead body that I would lose it. And being a vampire, that could mean multiple different things. To be honest, I don’t want to see what would happen if I lost it. I’ve had such great control over my emotions, I don’t need to lose that control now.

“Bella..” Edward said, his voice full of different emotions. I looked up at him and saw the main emotion was anger.

“We need to leave, now.”

I shook my head no at him and looked back towards the kitchen.

I forced my legs forward towards my fathers shoe. Something inside me was telling me I needed to go in there. I pulled Edward with me as we rounded the corner. What I saw next changed how I felt at that moment. I could go find Tanya and Mike right now and kill them without a second thought. The only emotion now that I was feeling was nothing but anger.

My father wasn’t there. It was just his shoe. I still didn’t feel relieved though. My father still could be dead somewhere else. Or he could be burning, changing into a vampire. I cringed again, as Edward let go of me.

“I’m going to go outside to see if I can pick up their scent. Then we can follow the trail.” He explained to me before running outside.

I stood there just staring at the shoe that had made me believe my father was dead. I couldn’t believe Tanya and Mike would go this far just to get back at me and Edward. They have gone too far and I am going to make them pay for doing this to Charlie. I am going to stop them for good.

Edward was back within seconds and came into the kitchen.

“Bella, we need to go now. The scent is still strong, we can follow it. It was heading east.” He took my face in his hands and made me look at him. He stared into my eyes for an unmeasurable moment.

“We will find him, Bella.” He finally said after getting me to calm down some.

I stared back into his eyes and nodded slightly. Edward let go of my face, took my hand and lead me out of the house. I didn’t look back as we ran through the woods. We had been running for miles when the scent suddenly got stronger.

“Edward.” Panic rising in my voice again.

“ I know Bella.” He told me, as we picked up our speed.

As we ran out of the woods, we came upon an abandon house. As we got closer we picked up a new scent. It wasn’t Mike or Tanya, but we knew exactly who it was. Edward and I both growled, recognizing the scent.

“Edward, please tell me thats not..” I trailed off, not able to say the name.

“Yes Bella. It is.” Edward said through clenched teeth.

Our direction turned and we started running towards the place we knew they were taking Charlie too. The trail we had been following was just to lead us away and they knew we would smell the new person involved in this and recognize the scent. They knew we would catch on quickly and that they wouldn’t have much time once we did.

Edward pulled out his phone, dialing quickly. We both knew we would need the whole family to help us, if we wanted to get out alive ourselves.

“Carlisle, we have a problem.” Edward told him what had happened at Charlie’s house and the new scent we had come across. And where we had to go now.

“We need the whole family to come meet us.” He informed them. “Make sure to get Jacob to keep Renesmee home.” He hung up after making the arrangements to meet them and turned to me.

“We are going to need everyones help Bella.” He told me. I nodded and we started running to where we were meeting the others.

Mike and Tanya were taking Charlie to a place that I knew he wouldn’t come out alive or human.