Chapter 39: challenge accepted

RUBY POV

I snapped my eyes open. I roused my head up to see the time. It was currently 10 in the afternoon. I smiled and turn to see a peaceful sleeping mate, to bad I have to ruin that peaceful sleep of his. I slowly got up from the bed trying not to wake Conner up. I put on my sweat pants. I tip toe out of the room, I quietly close the door trying to make any noises. I sigh in relief. I headed downstairs where I heard loud noises. I went to the kitchen and ignore everyone who was there. I was to focus on looking for bullhorn.

"Left cabinet" Nate said looking every move I made. I looked at the left cabinet and found a bullhorn thank you lord. I grabbed it.

"Thank you Nate" I yelled heading to my room to walk up a sleeping Conner.

Conner was now laying on his back. He looked so cute when he does that little pout whenever he sleeps. Focus ruby remember what you came for. But ugh it was to hard considering that he showing off his 6 packs and v cut going down his basketball shorts. No no ruby focus. I snapped out of my dazed and pulled the bullhorn down making a loud noise.

"Ahhhhhhh" Conner screamed falling down the bad. I burst in laughter. I literately heard everyone downstair laughing there ass off. I tried to control my laugh which was hard seeing my mate looking for an intruder. He found out it was part of my plan. He narrow his eyes at me making me smirk.

"Well Imm'a hit the shower" I said walking in the bathroom leaving an angry mate laying in the floor.

"Ok mate enjoy your shower" Conner called out. I could hear him laugh. I grabbed Sarah extra shampoo and condition oh let not forget the pink hair dye. I hope my mate loves the color pink. I think it will bring out his eyes. I grabbed his men shampoo and condition. I pour the two bottles of pink dye in them. I place the back where the belong. I quickly took a quick shower. Once I was done I put on some clean clothes and headed back downstairs where the guys were.

Everyone was there expect Conner. There were probably waiting for me to scream or something but I didn't. I wonder where Conner went off too? Probably went to take a shower. I walked to the living room and seat down. Miranda and Sarah came out of the kitchen looking at me with a smirk on there faces. Nate and Scott were right behind them. They looked at me with smirk until it was vanish when they notice I didn't have my hair painted. Less then a minute Conner scream. Boy does he have lungs. Miranda and Sarah laughed while I just smirked.

"RUBY!!" Conner screamed my names. I heard loud steps coming from the stairs. Conner himself came out with his hair pink.

"Well I was right about the color. Pink sure matches your eyes" I smirked making Conner even madder.

"Son we need to get re-"Travis came out of the view. He couldn't finish his sentence cause he was to distracted by Conner hair.

"Um son? I don't mean to ask this but why is your hair pink?" Travis said curiously. All Conner did was point at me. Travis looked at me with a amuse look.

"What? I thought pink would bring out his eyes. I was right about it" I said with innocent voice. Making everyone laugh. Conner growled and then narrow his eye at me before leaving. Nate and Scott follow him probably to make another plan. I nodded at Kevin to eavesdrop. Kevin follow them.

"Well we need to get ready for our dinner party" I said to all of them. Everyone nodded.

Travis and my dad was doing all the cooking

Brooke and my mom was seating the ornaments

Issac and Ian set up the big screen. They knew my plans. I can't believe Ian is part of it considering since he's Conner bestfriend.