Chapter Twenty-eight - Well Would You Look at That?

~Time Skip - Two and a Half Months Later~

        It's been two months since Luciano and you had gotten married and you couldn't be happier. The marriage was going extremely well in terms of relationship improvement. You've only had a few squabbles together since then, and you may or may not have broken his nose again in that time span. Let's just say that he should have known not to sneak up on a girl who knew how to fight. There was one other issue in the marriage so far, and it was only really on your side of it so far. You had yet to tell the dark auburn haired male and didn't want to talk to him about it yet, which is why you opted to tell your maids and two best friends first for a second d opinion of sorts despite there being three of them.

        You stalked the hallways for them in every wing of the castle. You eventually found the four of them together, which was rather odd. They hadn't seemed to notice you despite their spiked senses. You quickened your pace and caught up somewhat easily.

        "Um... Guys?" you called out to them when you were a couple feet behind.

         Gilen was the first to turn around. He ran up to you without a second thought. His hands rested on your upper arms, his expression one of concern and worry.

        "What are you doing walking around the halls without an escort?" he asked frantically. "You're still human, and some vampires here aren't too keen on the idea of you walking about. You could have gotten hurt."

        "Look, I'm sorry, but I really need to ask you four for a favor and some help," you told him and the others. "I couldn't do that with anyone else around, not even Luciano."

        "What's up girly? You know you can ask me for help with anything," Matt stated.

        Lauren and Anna nodded in agreement.

        "I know, I know, but I really need what I'm about to ask you guys to stay between us and a few other choice people, got it?"

        "Of course (y/n)," Anna whispered.

         "Okay... Do you think you four could take me to see a doctor?" you asked quietly.

        Fear instantly flashed on their faces. It was less dominant a feature on Matt and Anna due to their natural composures, but it was heavily seen in their eyes. Gilen nearly felt his heart start beating from the mere thought of whatever made you need or want to go to the doctor. The worst case scenarios were running through his head. What if you had contracted an incurable disease and only had a few months to life? Worse yet, what if you had a curable disease, but it was too detrimental to your health and you were already too far gone to save? He shook his head in an attempt to get the thoughts to cease. His grip on your arms tightened ever so slightly as he looked you dead in the eyes.

        "Please tell me you're not dying."

        "What? No. I just want to double check on something with a medical professional."

        Anna and Lauren picked up on what she was subtlety hinting at. The looked at one another with determination and excitement. Over the last few months, the three of you had grown closer, and you trusting them with knowing information of a potential surprise of this magnitude for the king was proof of that. Lauren bounced up and down, but she refrained from squealing to keep your whereabouts a secret. You were all close to the throne room, and if Luciano found out you went anywhere without him knowing, you'd be in big trouble.

        "We'll take you if the boys won't go!" Lauren squeaked.

         "You guys would really do that for me?" you inquired with a happy tone.