Chapter Seven - A Model and Returning "Home"

"Are we there yet?"

        "No Allen."

        "Are we there now?"

        "No..."

        "How about now?"

        "Do I have to cut your head off to get you to shut up?"

        "Hey, that's not necessarily going to kill me. You can try it though. I'm sure I'd like it."

        "You're disgusting."

        "I know you are, but what am I?"

        "Did I stutter?"

        "... No..."

        "Good."

        Silence finally filled the air between Matthieu and Allen as they continued walking though the now darkened forest. Night had fallen upon them quickly, causing the forest to have an eerie feel to them. Flavio letting his models out to feed didn't help with Al's already terrible anxiety. He may have seemed like a tough guy on the outside with his well sculpted muscles and confident demeanor, but deep down he was a caring individual with horrible anxiety. Every little noise made him paranoid at this point in their travels, whether it be the snapping of a twig or a hoot from an owl nesting in a tree.

        Kuma suddenly stopped in his tracks for the second time that evening. He gave the air a large sniff and growled. Matt stopped next to him, knowing something was indeed wrong. He lightly sniff the air himself. The strong scent of overly perfumed women invaded his enhanced senses, causing him to give a small groan. Al tensed as he sensed what his two traveling companions were also sensing.

        "Would now be a good time to start running?" Al asked in a whispered tone, his figure standing extremely close to the muscular body of the tall blond.

        Matt nodded as silence once again crept into the night. With reflexes and agility almost that of a cat's, Al took off. He screamed when a skinny, pale skinned woman with teal colored eyes and long, brown hair stepped out in front of him. He almost fell but caught himself before he could hit the ground. He spun his body while still low to the ground and took off to hide behind Matt's larger build. The blond rolled his eyes and directed his gaze to that of the female's.

        "Evening Misty," Matt said dully.

        "Good evening Matthieu. Hello Allen~," the woman, now known as Misty, replied.

        Allen stuck his hand out to the side of Matt, still behind him, and gave a curt wave before pulling his hand back in. Misty smirked and began to walk to the duo. She stopped dead in her tracks when she noticed Kuma standing defensively near Matt's left side. Perched on top of the large bear's back was your seemingly lifeless body. The brunette licked her lips hungrily at the sight of your exposed neck. She could practically smell the scent of your life essence from where she stood silently.

        "Don't even think about it," Matt growled.

        "What ever do you mean Matthieu?" she asked, trying to play dumb with The Hunter.

        "You know very well what I'm talking about glitter ball."

        "Glitter ball? Let's not call each other names now Matthieu. I'm sure Mr. Vargas wouldn't be very happy with you doing that."

        "It depends on which "Mr. Vargas" you're talking about."

        "Don't start getting technical with me. You knew who I meant. But..."