Chapter Twenty-four - The Big Day: Part Two

~Last Time~

        "Do you, Luciano Vargas, take (f/n) (l/n) to be your lawfully wedded wife, in sickness and in health, for richer or for poor, for better or for worse, for all of eternity or until death do you part?" the priest asked.

        "I do," Luciano said with love in his eyes as he took your hand into his.

        "And do you, (f/n) (l/n), take Luciano Vargas to be your lawfully wedded husband, in sickness and in health, for richer or for poor, for better of for worse, for all of eternity or until death do you part?"

        "I... I..." you fumbled over your words. "I... don't..."

~Now~

        The occupants of the room gasped in surprise. A quiet yet still audible "yes" was heard in the mix, coming from the direction of the Castels and the king and queen. You stared at the floor blankly, refusing to move your gaze elsewhere. Luciano chuckled nervously, his smiling giving away his confusion.

        "She's just nervous is all," he said. "This will only take a moment. Excuse us."

        Luciano's hand tightened around yours as he pulled you from the alter, down the isle, and into the hallway. He closed the doors with a loud slam and turned to you with such fierceness. He stalked to your position to the wall opposite of of the doors. You backed away from him, scared of what he may do to you.

        He placed his arms on either side of your head, his hands resting on the wall as he effectively caged you in. He leaned in with a dark scowl embedded onto his face. You shrunk back as far as the wall would let you go.

        "What the fuck was that?" Luciano asked through gritted teeth, his voice dripping with poison.

        "What?" you inquired, trying to play dumb.

        "You know exactly "what". You can't say no at the alter like that."

        "Well I just did, so deal with it."

         "I brought you out here to deal with it, so we are going to work it out right now. I love you, and you love me. Why say no?"

        "Well maybe I don't want to be another pawn in your trivial game of reality chess!"

        "Explain?"

        "I followed you to that "emergency meeting" the day my dress was getting the alterations laid out. I heard everything! I refuse to be your goddamn pawn!"

         Luciano pulled you into his chest. He shushed you in a threatening manner. He kept a hand firmly on the back of your head, the other resting on your lower back. You tried to push yourself away from him, but alas, he was too strong.

         "Listen here bella," Luciano snapped in a whisper, his voice no longer dripping with venom. It was dripping with pure acid, a tone you had yet to hear him take with you. "We are going to go back in there, and when the priest asks you if you'll have me again, you are to say "yes". Do I make myself clear?"

        "Go to hell," you whispered in the most menacing tone you could muster.

        "I'm already in hell. This damn world we roam is hell and none of you, humans and vampires alike, can see that. People go everyday hearing of death and destruction, never once stopping to think what the consequences of them not taking action will be. I know I used to be that way, and I deeply regret it. I could have done something when my world fell apart, but I stood by and watched it crumble while your father took away what I loved most."