Chapter Fourteen - Hitting Rock Bottom

You laid on your back on your bed, absentmindedly throwing a bouncy ball towards the ceiling only to catch it and repeat the process over again and again. It was currently around midnight, and you were slowly adjusting your sleeping schedule to match Luciano's as per his request. You hated it, having to sleep by day and go about your business at night. There was practically nothing to do during the late evening hours. You couldn't go outside due to the dangers of other vampires or the wolves that lurked in the shadows of the darkened forest. You couldn't walk about the halls of the castle without an escort and having to squeeze into a corset and dress. You felt like a prisoner, which you essentially were.

You threw the rubber ball again, this time causing it to hit the ceiling with such force that it bounced back to quick for you to catch it. It smashed into your forehead, leaving a red, angry mark in it's wake. You jumped slightly startled, then groaned in frustration. Anna and Lauren, who had been standing silently in the room awaiting any form of orders from you, picked up on your distress.

"What's wrong (y/n)?" Lauren asked.

"I'm bored. That's what's wrong," you brooded.

"I don't see why. There is plenty to do around the castle," Anna said in a matter of fact tone.

"Oh really? Like what exactly?"

"Well, you could... uh..."

"That's what I thought. There is nothing to do besides lie here bored. Ugh!"

"I'm sure you can think of something (y/n)! You are very smart after all!"

"Thanks," you grumbled, shoving a pillow onto your face to groan into once more.

A silence filled the air in the room you and the two girls occupied. It grew thicker and thicker as the moments passed. Anna and Lauren grew worried as you only seemed to press the pillow down harder. They swore that they could see steam coming from the sides of your head. It was as if the gears in your head were working in overtime to think of something interesting to do. Within another few moments the pillow you held against your face went sailing across the room, effectively hitting the doors with a rather loud thud.

"That's it," you sighed in defeat. "I'm going to hang out with Prince Douche-bag. Where is he?"

"He is in his personal study," Anna replied.

"Alright," you said, slipping on a white pair of flip flops to go with your white camisole and black, baggy sweatpants. You started out of the room, then back tracked to your room. "Where is his study?"

Lauren giggled and gave you directions. You thanked her and started in the direction of Luciano's study. You came back to the room one more time, telling the two girls not to follow. They hesitantly agreed and let you go alone. You jogged to the prince's study located in the East wing of the castle. A few curious looks were given to you from human servants and confused glances from the vampires roaming the halls. The doors to the study came into view after a few minutes of jogging. You raised a hand to the door and hit your knuckles against the wood a few times.

"Enter," said Luciano's muffled voice.

You opened one of the heavy doors, and closed it behind you with a slam. The prince sat unfazed by the sudden obnoxious noise, continuing to write on a piece of paper with a fountain pen. He didn't bother to look up from the desk he was seated at.

"And what business do you have with me?" he asked monotonously.

"I'm bored."

Luciano whipped his head up, his neck cracking from the speed of his movement. He looked shocked that you were standing before him, especially since you had made that one deal with him. He stood from his desk and walked over to you slowly, as if he was testing if you were just a manifestation of his imagination. He approached you with caution. This made you scoff. It should be the other way around, not the way it is as of the moment.