Chapter Twenty - A Musical Jerk

"So, what aspect of the wedding are we taking care of today?" you asked indifferently while yawning, having woken up not that long ago.

        You had just enough time to use the bathroom, get dressed, and eat breakfast before Luciano dragged you out of the comfort of your shared room. You weren't sure what adventure awaited you today, henceforth why you asked Luciano. He was being unusually quiet this evening, only having talked to you to wake you up and holding a small conversation while you ate. It was like he wasn't looking forward to whatever was scheduled. He still hadn't answered your question, so you asked him again, this time provoking him to answer.

        "We are going to do music selection today," he said through partially gritted teeth.

        "You don't sound particularly happy about," you replied.

        "That's because I'm not."

        "How come?"

         "I'm going to have to deal with Gilen and Lutz's idiotic cousin, that's why."

        "Is he a musician?"

         "Musician, composer, anything involving music. You name it, that bastard does it."

         "Why don't you like him, besides him being "idiotic"?"

          "He's arrogant beyond all belief! Always boasting about his talent and spouting off a bunch of bullshit at any chance he gets. Ooh, I really hate him," Luciano seethed.

        "No, I couldn't tell," you said sarcastically, rolling your eyes and giving a playful smile in the process.

        "I could do with a little less sass and a little more sympathy and support amore mio."

        "Alright, alright," you said defensively. "I'll stop sassing you, for now at least. I can only presume you've known him for a couple hundred years, and that was all it took to tell that you didn't like him."

        "Ha! Try more like my entire life. That asshole has constantly picked on me until now."

        "He used to pick on you?"

        "I suppose "pick on" is a massive understatement in this case. It's more like he bullied me excessively up until this point."

        "Even with you being the heir to the throne?"

       "Sì, even with that in mind, he still did it."

        "Wow. He must have some pretty big balls to do that."

        "Not according to his ex-wife, literally and metaphorically."

        "Ex-wife?"

        "Yes, he was married once and only once. They were happy together for about four years, then their marriage started to fall apart. He grew distant from her, and she wasn't about to deal with a husband that wouldn't give her the time of day, more like the time of night actually, but that's not the point. She filed for a divorce and got one quickly. I wasn't going to make her suffer through an unhappy life in marriage."

        You had stopped walking at this point, you hand held firmly in Luciano's. He hadn't realized your halt until the connection of your hands yanked him back towards you. He quirked an eyebrow in you direction, as if silently asking why you had stopped. You're eyes were shadowed. Whether it was from your (h/l) (h/c) or the general darkness of the hallway the two of you stood in, the vampire prince couldn't tell.

        "You mean like you are going to do with me?" you asked, you're voice faltering ever so slightly.

        Luciano gazed at you with saddened eyes. He never meant for this whole ordeal to be like a prison sentence for you. There were just somethings he couldn't tell you at the moment that would make this experience much more enjoyable for you. It bothered him to no end that you felt the way you did about your situation. You loved him yet couldn't bear to be with him. You wished to stay with him but wanted to go back to your family so terribly. It was like you were being torn apart, and with your time of the month over, it seemed to be even worse since you couldn't hide it behind your temporary hormone induced rage.