Chapter Nine - I Need to Do What?

"My lady, it's time to wake up. Lauren and I have much work to do yet before tonight's festivities."

        "Five more minutes Mommy... The unicorns haven't even gotten up yet..."

        "He he he! (Y/n) is hilarious when she it tired! Can we try to wake her up again later? I want to hear her say more funny things!"

        "No Lauren. We have to prepare her for this evening, and if we ever want a chance at finishing on time we must start now."

        "Aww. Come on Anna, let her sleep for a few more minutes! It's not really going to effect us that much."

        "Fine, we can let her sleep for five more minutes, but that is all I will allow."

        Lauren fist pumped into the air silently, giving a little jump to go along with it. Anna sighed at her childish friend and left your side to let you sleep. You soon started to shift in your sleep. What seemed like small and harmless movements turned into violent thrashing. Anna and Lauren grew increasingly concerned the more sporadic your movements became. The young blond had finally had enough of seeing you in clear agony and took to your side. She put a hand on your forehead and closed her eyes, trying to make a mental connection with you but to no avail. You calmed down ever so slightly, just enough to stop your crazy movements to only twitches every so often.

        Lauren pulled your head into her lap and whispered kind words to you as she stoked her fingers through your hair. You began to whimper in your sleep. A few mumbled words, garbled by your sleeping state, escaped your lips. The more you mumbled, the clearer the words you spoke were.

        "Daddy... Mommy... Please... Don't fight... No... No... NO!"

        With the last "no" you jolted awake and clung to the nearest object, which was Lauren. You had as bit of a cold sweat forming on your upper brow and your breathing was labored from panic. Lauren sat with you, continuing to brush her fingers through your locks of (h/c) and holding you close. Anna stood to the side, impressed by how incredibly motherly Lauren was without having children of her own. It was like someone had pulled a switch. The blond was carelessly childish one moment, and the next she was a soothing woman with motherly instincts.

        A few more moments passed, and you had fully calmed down. You detached yourself from Lauren's petite form and pulled yourself out of the bed. You walked yourself to the bathroom of the room and splashed cold water from the sink onto your face. A soft (f/c) hand towel was handed to you by Anna. You used it to pat your face dry and turned your attention to the bathtub, which was filled with water and bubbles. Lauren joined the two of you in the bathroom and turned her back so it was facing you. Anna followed suit. This was their way of silently telling you to undress and get in the tub. You did so without any hesitation and let out a soft sigh as you lowered yourself fully into the warm water.

        The two maids took that as their sign to get to work and moved over to the tub. Lauren sat behind you outside of the tub on a wooden stool while Anna sat on one close to your side. The blond pushed you forward a bit and tilted your head back. She poured water of the same temperature of that that was in the bath onto your hair. She then took a bottle of (f/s) scented shampoo and squeezed some of the liquid into her hand before rubbing them together. She then moved her hands through you hair, causing an adequate amount of suds to form. Her hands massaged your scalp before she rinsed the suds away with more warm water. She pinned any loose hair you had up and started to massage your shoulders once you moved your back to rest against the backing of the bathtub.

        Anna soon fished the hand on her side of the tub out of the water and dried it off. The raven haired girl grabbed a bottle of hand lotion and put some on your hands before rubbing it in. She then grabbed a nail file from a pocket in her apron and began to file away any sharp, jagged, or rough edges on your nails.