Chapter Twenty-seven - Possible Regrets?

You laid curled up in the thin, red satin sheets of yours and Luciano's king size bed. You shook, not because it was cold. Truth be told, the room was rather warm , and whether it was from last night's activities still or the fire crackling in the fireplace you couldn't tell. That didn't matter much though, did it? What made you shutter almost violently was the thought of what you did last night with a certain sleeping vampire next to you. In you're family's eyes you were far too young to be doing that kind of thing with a person who was essentially a little less than one hundred seventeen times your age.  That was true in your eyes as well. You had been so caught up in the moment last night that your mind wasn't making the correct choices. Yeah, you you loved your husband, but you sort of made a decision that you may regret.

       Luciano stirred quietly for a few minutes next to you as he tried to figure out what was shacking the mattress ever so slightly. He realized it was you and sat up rather quickly, the small headache and hangover he had acquired from drinking as much as he did the night before taking a hold of him. He ignored it and scooted over to you, resting a hand delicately on your bare shoulder. You stopped shivering immediately, his presence freezing you in place. He moved his hand to your hair and stroked the top of your head affectionately, his other hand helping to keep himself propped up as he relaxed on his elbow.

        "Are you okay (y/n)?" he asked concerned.

        "Yeah..." You whispered into your arm.

        "You're lying. Tell me what's wrong amore mio."

        "No, I'm fine."

        "No, you're not. I can tell when something is wrong with you, and you need to tell me. I want to help you, but you need to communicate with me. If you don't, I'll have to read your mind."

        "NO!"

        You shot up as you yelled, giving him a stern look as you gazed down at him. He knew that saying he was going to invade your personal thoughts would be enough to get you to show some emotion, and boy did it do the trick. You seemed almost enraged to him, but he didn't care. He only cared about the bare chest presented to him by your sitting up position. He eyed you hungrily, your nakedness slightly arising him. He licked his lips, which brought on a new wave of emotion over you; embarrassment. You quickly brought the satin sheets up to cover your chest, evoking a laugh from the vampire now fully laying on his back.

       "Hun, I've seen it all. There's no use of covering yourself up. Don't be ashamed of your body. Your perfectly beautiful, clothes on or clothes off."

        "Oh course you'd say something like that, you Italian flirt."

        "Hey, I can't help who I am. Now, tell me what's wrong."

        You sighed. He just wasn't going to let it go, and you didn't feel like arguing with him anymore this evening.

        "I just... I'm just not sure if I made the right decision last night..."

        "Which decision? You made quiet a few last night. It better not be about not going with your father. I swear, if that's what this is about I'll-"

        "It's not that! Jeez, you need to calm down. I'm not leaving you. I'm with you until death do us part or for all of eternity, remember?"

        "Then what decision was it mia dea?"

        "It was to... You know... "Do the nasty" so to speak..."

        Luciano laughed. Not a mocking laugh, not a little chuckle or giggle, an actual laugh. This would mark the second occasion you heard him truly laugh, the first having been when he showed you the castle's garden. His laugh was nice, entrancing even. It was a shame that he would only chuckle or give a pity laugh. You smiled at him behind the covers, not wanting him to see that his uncharacteristic morning personality was infectious. It must have been his bipolarity.