Chapter Ten - Phenomenal Acting My Lady

Luciano held your hand delicately in his as he led you through the long corridors of the castle. He kept whispering little reminders to you of how you should act in front of the royal court and civilians. It was starting to get extremely irritating, but you endured the constant tips. Luciano eventually stopped in front of a pair of dark oak wood doors. He grabbed your other hand and turned you to face him. His magenta hues connected with your (e/c) ones, causing your heart to skip a beat. His eyes glowed for a moment before he smirked and kissed your forehead. He took his hands from yours and walked to the doors.

        "Enter on your cue, amore mio," he said, earning a nod from you and an eye roll.

        The prince turned to face the doors and rapped on the one with his knuckles. The sound of shuffling feet and voices soon quieted. Another voice began to speak loudly as it addressed the people in the room.

        "Ladies and gentlemen, Prince Luciano Tiziano Ambrogio Basilio Vargas!"

        The doors opened, swinging in towards the room, and brought into view a balcony with stairs to either side of it. Luciano walked in calmly with a smile on his face. As he approached the balcony's railing, the crowd erupted into cheers of joy at the sight of their soon-to-be king. He waved at his subjects, causing them to fall silent once more.

        "Good evening and welcome to my castle. I can only assume by the amount of laughing and talking I heard before entering meant that you were all having a good time already. I'm glad everyone could make it to tonight's ball since it was rather short notice, but putting that aside, tonight is a very special evening, not just for me, but for all of you as well. As you all know, my coronation is coming up very soon. The laws that have been passed down from generation to generation state that I have no need to wed to take over the throne. I've been thinking over the past year about this. I've come to the conclusion that ruling alone could become rather boring, and if I am to die somehow during my rule, who would I leave the throne to if I do not have an heir? A select few of you know this, but I have a very special girl in my life."

        You took that as your cue and entered the balcony in the large ballroom. Gasps escaped the lips of many of the attendees. Some were of awe from your immense beauty, while others were of pure horror that their prince could ever fall in love with a human. While it was uncommon that a vampire would fall in love with a human, it wasn't unheard of. You took notice to the various human servants of the vampires in the room, each giving you a sympathetic look. Nonetheless, you kept a smile on your face to keep up the act you were to give.

        Luciano turned to face you as you stood next to him. He took your hands in his once more and looked into your eyes again. It was like he was checking for something. He seemed a little disappointed for a moment, but you shook it off as just another one of his random mood swings. The dark auburn haired prince suddenly picked you up bridal style, catching you mildly off guard. He leaped over the railing and down to the open area in front of the crowd. Another round of gasps filled the room. Luciano chose to ignore them as he set you carefully back down on the glistening white tile floor. He proceeded to lower himself onto one knee and looked up to your face. You looked back down at him, having a few fake tears well up in your eyes.

        "(Y/F/N), I know that we haven't know each other for a very long time, but I feel a deep connection to you. You are undoubtedly the love of my life, my soulmate, my reason to continue living on this cruel planet. I can't imagine living another day without you by my side. I just have one question for you. Will you marry me?"

        The prince pulled out a velvet encased box containing a five carat diamond ring with the band decorated in two rectangular rubies and four half carat diamonds on each side. One of your hands flew to your mouth to try and muffle the sounds of your "happy" sobs. All you did was nod as he slipped the ring onto your left ring finger and stood back up to his full height. He pulled you close to him and placed his lips onto yours. Your eyes widened with shock. How dare he have the audacity to kiss you. This was not a part of the deal you two made. You forced yourself to kiss back and wrap your arms around his neck as he spun you in a circle like in the fairytales. The crowd cheered again.