Chapter Twenty-three - The Big Day: Part One

~Time Skip to March 16 - The Day Before the Wedding~

        You sat in Luciano's bedroom, which you no longer recognized as yours as well. You glared at the blazing fire burning in the fireplace from your seat on the black leather couch. It was early morning, the time being almost six. The curtains were closed tightly. You so very badly wanted to open them when Luciano walked back into the room. He loved you dearly, or so you thought before a few days ago when you eavesdropped on him, Matt, and Gilen. What you found out had left you in a foul mood with just about everyone except for Anna and Lauren. More importantly though, it left you with a broken heart. Luciano's feelings were no longer reciprocated... At least not as much as they were before. It was true that you still had some feelings towards him, most of it being hate and spite. There was still that tiny portion of your heart that held onto the love you had learned to show him, the love that you finally felt with each passing day that you spent with him and each new wonder from his world and life that he shared with you. Though that part of your heart, as aforementioned, was smaller now, it just wouldn't go away. You're heart just wouldn't let it be consumed fully by your hate, and it ticked you off to no end.

        The bathroom door opened and closed with a soft squeak of the hinges and a small click. You could hear Luciano's feet pad against the floor softly. He walked around the couch and sat to the left of you. You glanced at him from the corner of your eye. Your cheeks tinted red as you noticed he was only in a pair of dark red boxer briefs. He noticed how red you had gotten and smirked to himself a little.

        Luciano grabbed you by your waist and lifted you onto in lap on an angle. Your face went a few shades darker as you looked away. He snaked his left arm around your waist, using his right hand to force you to look down at him. You glared at him with fierceness, but it didn't seem to faze him. Luciano leaned up to steal a kiss. You leaned back on instinct, which earned a sigh from the vampire prince. He settled on giving you a peck on the cheek. You excepted it reluctantly. Luciano suddenly stood up, taking you in his arms bridal style and walking towards the secret passage entrance.

        "Put me down," you hissed.

        "Hush," Luciano replied. "I'm just taking you to another room. I'm not going to try anything if that's what you're worried about."

        "Wait, I'm getting my own room?"

        "Just for the night, amore mio. It's bad luck to see the bride twenty-four hours prior to the ceremony."

        You frowned at this arrangement not being permanent, but you internally smiled at the thought of not having to deal with Luciano for  what is technically two days and a night. Said man carried you in silence down the darkened corridors until he came to what seemed to be a dead end.

         "Can you push the button for me bella?"

         "I don't know. Can I?"

         "Listen (y/n). I don't need your sass this late at night."

        "Actually, it's early morning."

        "Well your morning is my night, so lose the sass."

        "No, I'll sass you if I want to."

        "Bella, you know I'm not a morning person to begin with."

        "Obviously," you said with an eye roll.

        "Ooh, you are really getting on my nerves."

        "Great. Can I go home then?"

        "No. Just hit the damn button so I can put you in your temporary room."