Chapter Twenty-nine - Be Blunt With Style

Warning(?): There are going to be a few time skips in this chapter. Just thought I'd tell you guys ahead of time.

~Time Skip - Two Weeks Later~

"You still haven't told him yet, have you?"

"I'm still trying to figure out how to do it, okay? It more difficult than you think."

"Why not just flat out tell him. Sometimes being the most effective way of getting your point across."

"No, I want to make it special."

"What's not special about being blunt with telling your spouse that your pregnant. Everyone tries to make it this big deal and super special. Being blunt with it is what makes it special. How many pregnancy announcements have you heard where the woman was blunt about it?"

"Well, none, but-"

"Exactly. Just be blunt then."

"No. I want to make it special, and it is a big deal."

You crossed your arms with a saddened look. You were currently sitting with Matt in one of the many recreational room of the castle. Gilen was off on the other side of the spacious room making tea for you, maple coffee flavored infused blood for Matt, and a cup of regular blood for himself. He walked back over with a tea set on a tray along with three cups. He placed the tray on the coffee table in front of the two of you as he took a seat next to you on the couch.

"She's right you know," he stated. "We haven't had a royal birth in centuries, the last one being Luciano. This is a pretty big deal, but-"

"But? There's a 'but'?" you inquired as soon as the word left his mouth.

"But Matt does have a point about being blunt with him. It might be the best thing to do with the given circumstances. Your heading into your second trimester-"

"Wait, Dr. Skeller did educate you on pregnancies, right? You're all caught up? You still don't think I ate a small human, do you?"

Gilen's face tinted bright red from embarrassment. He covered his face with his hands. Matthieu snickered behind his mug before taking a sip of his drink.

"Can we just let that go please?!"

"I'll eventually forget it, or maybe I won't. Who's to say? Now, what were you going to say? I'm sorry for interrupting again. My mind is just so muddled right now that I'm kind of just speaking without thinking."

"I was going to say that since you're heading into your second trimester, and you're going to start gaining about a pound a week from here on out. He's going to notice eventually. Whether it be that he notices the weight gain, or that he starts sensing a half blood all the time when he's around you, he's going to notice and find out. There's also the fact that the baby will be a half blood unless you tell him so you can start having the injections for the baby done. Do you see where I'm going with this (y/n)?"

"Yeah, I see. I guess being blunt probably would be better, but maybe I could add a bit of style to it."

~Time Skip - An Hour Later~

"You know, this is a very good idea (y/n)!" Flavio chirped as he entered his private studio where you were sitting.

You had gone to talk to him after the conversation with Gilen and Matt about telling Luciano of the pregnancy, bringing him the idea of putting "I'm pregnant. Deal with it." on a shirt to wear to bed. He loved the idea and got to work right away. The shirt was in his hands when he entered. He held it up for you to look at. It was a black tank top with the words you wanted printed on it in white with a pair of sunglasses also in white printed above the words.