Chapter Eleven - A Hangover and Not Caring

Sleep is often a peaceful occurrence, and waking up from a deep sleep is always a pain in the neck. This is a true statement for you. You almost always slept like a baby, but when you woke from a good sleep, you were a bear to deal with. Especially if you woke up with a rip-roaring headache, much like right now. You moved your hands up to your head and began to rub circles on your temples to try and ease the throbbing pain. You kept rubbing in hopes of the headache going away, but to no avail. Eventually you moved to try and find a cool spot on the pillow you were using, hoping that that would help with your aching head. As you moved, you felt friction along your waist, skin on skin contact if you wanted to be specific.

You groaned, knowing very well who the skin on the arm slung around your waist belonged to. You knew that you had clothes on since you could feel the fabric of what felt like a tank top and shorts clinging to your body. It was just that the hem of your shirt had been pushed up. You looked to where the arm lead, sure enough finding Luciano laying there on his stomach facing you. His eyes were slightly open as he looked at you, blinking every so often. His magenta orbs glowed in the darkness of the room, the curtains not having been drawn back yet due to the last rays of the sun still shining outside while the sun drifted off into the distance.

"What happened last night," you asked groggily.

"Hell if I fucking know amore mio. All I remember is having too much to drink," he replied just as groggily.

Luciano pulled you closer to his bare chest so he could cuddle you. You groaned once more, but snuggled into him regardless. His skin cold to the touch, but held a hidden warmth beneath it. It felt wonderful against your still throbbing temples. You honestly didn't care an ounce at the moment that he was invading your personal space. You only cared about getting your headache to go away, which his cold skin seemed to be helping with ever so slightly.

"I thought vampires couldn't drink alcohol," you said quietly, more so to yourself than him, but he responded anyway.

"We can't drink it straight up principessa. We can get the same sensation of being drunk by drinking the blood from those who are intoxicated, which happened to be what was being served last night at the ball. It is custom for it to be served at a large event like that, but why anyone let me drink that fucking much is a mystery. I should have been cut off after the tenth glass..."

"Why did anyone let me drink at all is what I want to know, and where did you get actual wine from?"

"Shh, not so loud bella, my head hurts just as much as yours does, if not more..."

"Sorry," you mumbled.

"It's fine. To answer your first question, we don't have the same age restrictions as your human society does on alcohol consumption. Like I said, we can't drink it straight up, but we can if it's mixed with blood. We don't see it as a necessity to have restrictions because vampire fledglings aren't as idiotic as human children. They know the difference between healthy blood and blood traced with alcohol from the moment they are born, whereas human children don't and think nothing of the difference in the scent of juice and alcohol. So, here, in my kingdom, a human can drink from any age if they so like. Henceforth, you were allowed to drink even though you are not "of legal age" in humanity's eyes. As for your second question, there is a small human population living within my kingdom. I let them keep their freedom so long as they obey my commands and supply my events with food and drinks for the human servants or random humans that may show up for the festivities. Within this population is a winemaker. He supplies me with what I need."

"I see... Was I drunk first or were you?"

"I believe you were."

"Tell me about how I acted while I was drunk and how you found me like that. It doesn't have to be too descriptive."