Chapter Nineteen - Plotting

Luciano was in his training room for a change. It was a large room filled with target practice dummies, weight lifting machines and normal hand weights, and various weapons. The dark auburn haired prince stood before a row of practice dummies, a small, round dark oak wood table next to him with throwing knifes neatly placed in row. Each one had a nice shine to it, all of them having just been polished by Luciano himself. Lutz and Matt stood behind him quite a distance away, both lifting hand weights and watching closely as Luciano studied the hay filled dummies. He reached a hand to hover above the knife filled table, his gaze never leaving the heart stitched into the center dummy's chest on its left side. He quickly plucked a throwing knife from the table by its blade and hurled it towards the dummy. It hit the heart dead in the center before another one landed in the center of its head. The dummy shook violently from the impact, nearly toppling over from the sheer force of the throws from Luciano.

        "You know," Luciano began, attention focusing on another dummy. "I've been thinking about the wedding a lot lately." He threw another knife and hit his target.

        "That's not surprising. It is only eight days away," Lutz said as he put the weights he was using back on their rack and grabbing a pair of heavier ones to try and keep up with the size and weight of Matt's.

        "Yes, I know, but I've been thinking about the guest list more so."

        "What about the guest list?" Matt asked, going to grab a heavier set of weights once more, much to Lutz's displeasure.

        "I'm thinking of extending it."

        "Extending the guest list? You already have the surrounding towns and cities of the kingdom attending, plus that small village of humans that live among us. That's a lot of people that are going to show up, some couple hundred attendees. Do you really think inviting more people is a good idea?" Lutz inquired while grabbing another pair of weights.

        "It may not be a good idea, but I'm going to go through with it anyway."

        "And who are you thinking of inviting?" Matt questioned, this time putting the hand weights back entirely and opting to set up a barbell to bench press instead.

        "I was thinking (y/f/n) and (y/m/n) (l/n) and Luke and Isabelle Castel."

        Matt dropped the weight he was about to put on the one side of the barbell and Lutz dropped both of the hand weights he was using, both of their mouths gaping from shock. 

        "You're joking," Matt said.

        Luciano shot the two men a serious look.

        "He's not joking," Lutz stated in a surprised tone.

        "Correct, I am not joking. I am being absolutely serious when I say I want to invite them to the wedding. After all, one couple is her actual parents and the other are her adoptive ones. They should be able to see their daughter married off."

        "Is this a part of your plan to get back at (y/f/n)?" asked Matt, picking up the weight he dropped and positioning it on the barbell.

        "Well, look who passed high school!"

        "I'm taking that as a yes."

         "Yes, that is the whole reason behind this. I'm going for the "eye for an eye" approach. He took away my grandfather, so I'll take away his precious little girl."

        "He was nine when he killed him, and it was in an effort to save his father, which still failed. You can't really hold that against him Luciano."