Extra #7 - Gil Learns About the Birds and the Bees

Gilen had stayed back at Karen's office with her after you found out about your pregnancy to learn about how baby's were made. He had been alive far longer than you, Anna, Lauren, and Matthieu, but he was never told about the birds and the bees. Why hadn't he learned about it? Is younger brother most certainly new about it, but why didn't he? Perhaps his mother and father were trying to protect him from something. No, that can't be right. Maybe he was never told because of his timid nature as a child and teenage years that made his parents think that he would forever be alone. That was most likely the reason for it.

Karen sat across from him in her chair and had her hands folded on her desk. "Ready to begin?" she asked with a smile.

"Yes," he replied.

"Alright. Now, let me ask you this before I go any further. Have you ever had intercourse before?"

Gilen's face flushed. "Uh... No, I haven't..."

"That would explain why you don't know about how babies are made then, as least a part of why that is."

"So, there is a whole process to this?"

"Mhm. Instead of explaining this to you, I'm going to have you watch a series video. It will explain how a baby is made and the birthing process of a woman, okay?"

"Okay..."

Karen opened her laptop and turned it on. She opened the disk slot on the side and put in a disk. She pulled it up on her screen and turned the laptop towards Gilen and moved it closer to him. He raised an eyebrow at her, a bit hesitant to continue with her plan.

"Just hit the play button when you're ready. There's no rush. I'll just be doing paperwork while you watch them."

"Y-yeah..."

After a couple minutes of uncertainty, Gilen finally pressed the play button. The first image on the screen was not one he was expecting to see at all, and it nearly made him faint. This was going to be a long night if all of the videos were like this...

~Time Skip - After the Video~

Gilen was slumped in his chair as Karen closed her laptop and moved it away from his end of the desk. He was still cringing from what he just witnessed. She made him watch a birthing video... A live birthing video with real people... It was scarring. That was what you were going to go through to deliver your baby? Oh how he hoped you would have it easier than that woman.

"So, now you know about the birds and the bees Gil. Any questions?"

"Before I go on to questions," he said with a shaky voice, "let me get this straight. So to make a baby, a guy and a girl have to, you know..." He made hand motions to signify what he saw in the first video.

Karen giggled. "Yes, they need to have sexual intercourse and a woman's egg must be fertilized within a three day time period for a pregnancy to happen."

"Okay... And the egg is fertilized by a..."

"Sperm."

"Yeah... And that comes from the guy, right?"

"Yes, it comes from the male in the relationship."

"And that's released when he is fully sexually pleased?"

"If that's how you want to phrase it, then sure."

"Okay... I think I've got it then..."

"So, no questions then?"

"I have one."

"I think my parents may have tried to tell me about this once, but they kept dancing around the name for it..."

"Well, what did they call it?"

"A whole bunch of things. I remember 'frickle frackle', 'the ol' woohoo', and 'the bedsheet boogie' were a few of them. I believe they tired to explain it with cats to me once, saying that they made kittens by bumping fluffy butts... I just didn't understand what they meant by that. I just want to know if those things meant the same thing as sex."

"Those are definitely some interesting ways to try to explain it to a child, but yes, I guess they do if you use them in the right context. Does your brother know?"

"Yeah, they told him, and he seemed damn proud of it when he learned about it."

"Did he tell you what your parents told him then?"

"No, he didn't..."

"You were very protected as a child then, weren't you?"

"I guess you could say that."

"That's your only question then?"

"Yes, that's my only question."

"Then you are free to go. I hope you understand babies now."

"Yes, I do. Thank you."

"You're welcome."

Gilen left after that. He went to his room and curled up under the sheets on his bed. He needed more time to process everything he just learned and watched. He shuttered at the images that popped into his head. Perhaps he would have been better off just not knowing how the baby got into your belly and just went with you ate a tiny human instead.

~Author's Note~

DreamsForDays here! Sorry that this is so short! I didn't want to make it overly long with explaining everything in extreme detail because I do have some younger readers I'm pretty sure. I also didn't want to make any of you guys uncomfortable. I'd feel horrible if I did that. Since there aren't any translations for this, I'm going to move on to what I like to do at the end of every story I write.

Thank you to everyone who has read, commented, and voted! I never thought that this story would get as many reads as it did. At the time I'm writing this author's note, there is over 11.8K reads on this story accompanied by 2.1K comments and 552 votes. You guys are all the best, and I really can't thank you guys enough. Many of you guys inspired me to continue writing this story's chapters through some of my toughest times and see it through til the very end. They endless praise I have gotten from chapter one up until now has been truly heartwarming. I'd also like to give a big thank you to those of you who have followed me because of this story. You helped to make my small community grow a bit, and I am thankful to have each and everyone of you as a follower and a part of my story community. Now, before I ramble on further, I'm going to end this, but not before saying that the winner of the voting process will begin to have it's chapters published starting on August 31, 2016. Thanks for reading! Feedback in the comments is always appreciated. Until next time!