Extra #1 - A Nightmare

~IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE AT THE END - PLEASE READ~

        Bare feet slapped against a wooden floored secret passage as a five year old Giovanni hastily made his way to his parent's room. He reached the entrance leading to their room and pressed the small circular button after straining to reach it. He clutched his precious stuffed wolf toy that he had received from you for his first birthday closer to his chest. He grew impatient as the door seemed to open slower than it normally did in the dimly lit corridor. Once it was open, he bolted through it before it could close on him.

        Yours and Luciano's room was dark from the curtains having been drawn, but it didn't seem to be a problem for the young vampire. Giovanni easily navigated the room and over to your side of the bed. You were facing in his direction towards the wall on your side. His nerves got the best of him as he went to gently shake you awake. He retracted his hand and stood there looking at your peacefully sleeping form. He felt bad about wanting to wake you up for such a simple thing as a nightmare. His father didn't like being woken up, and he knew this. You were really his only option at this point besides his Uncles Flavio and Andrés, and he knew that the only two people who hated being woken up possibly more than his father was them. So, you really were the only option for him.

        He shifted from foot to foot, contemplating if he should actually wake you up or just toughen up and go back to his room. He felt like he would be a nuisance if he woke you up at such an ungodly hour for vampires and that it would be rude of him to intrude on your sleep. His gaze shifted to the digital clock you kept on your nightstand. It was only 1:42 PM, definitely an ungodly hour for vampires. He stepped back a bit from the king sized bed as he heard his father shifting in the bed. He thought he had accidentally woken him up and was preparing to apologize until he heard the shifting stop. Giovanni raised onto his tip toes and peered over you to look at Luciano. He had only shifted to lay on his stomach and rest his head on his pillow, which was supported by his arms. The little vampire prince was relieved that he hadn't woken his father up.

         He got off of his tip toes and gave an inaudible sigh before walking slowly over to the plush, black leather couch. He was about to take a seat but stopped when he heard the sheets shuffling once again. It was you this time. You pushed yourself up to a sitting position and lazily rubbed your eyes as you gave a small yawn. Your eyes glowed a soft (e/c) in the darkness. They settled on a pair of lightly glowing red ones.

        "Giovanni?" you asked tiredly as you got up and walked towards the set of eyes.

        "Yes Mama?" he responded quietly in the Italian accent he had acquired from spending so much time with Luciano and Flavio.

        "Hunny, what's wrong?" You picked him up and settled him on your hip.

        "I had a nightmare."

        "Aww, baby... Do you want to talk about it with Mommy?"

        He nodded his head quickly, the tip of his thumb in his mouth as he sucked on it. He clutched his stuffed wolf closer to his chest as you walked towards the bathroom. You had picked up the habit of brushing your teeth before kissing anyone if you had just woken up from Luciano, and Giovanni had picked that up from the both of you. Even though the mini Luciano look alike had a nightmare, he still found the time to brush his teeth before coming to see you. You set him down on the sink counter and grabbed your toothbrush and toothpaste, wetting the brush under the faucet water before placing some of the toothpaste on it to brush you teeth with.

        "Okay sweetheart, what was the nightmare ab-"

        "What's with all of the talking?" Luciano asked a little grumpily while walking into the bathroom.