Chapter 31 - Bleh

My legs are dangling below me barely skimming the ground. I watch them sway back and forth, back and forth. It's like I'm trying to distract myself from the oblivious tension I feel knowing Tyler's gaze is upon me. I straighten my posture a little and grip the counter I'm sitting on a little tighter, take a short breathe in and look up at him.

"You don't wanna talk about it do you?" he questioned, while putting on a straight face.

"The tour?" I asked, playing as if I didn't already know.

"Yea, the tour. Every time I try to talk about it, you quiet down. You make it seem like its the last thing on earth you wanna talk about." He said softy.

It's so awkward in here, it's like you can feel it in the air.

The tension is overwhelming.

"I know, I guess it's like if I don't talk about it, it's not really happening." I whispered.

"Why? Why does it bother you this much? You should be happy for me Ella." he said in an almost selfish way.

He's right though. I should be happy for him. But why am I not?

"I don't know."

He hopped down from the counter across from me that he was sitting on. "Yes you know, don't lie to me." he pouted. "I'm not lying." I defended.

Wow, I'm lying about lying. I know why I don't want him to go. But, I also know that there's a high chance I never say it out loud.

"Again with the lies, Ella you tell me right now what's going through that rambunctious head of yours." He gave me the look.

The look he gives when he doesn't get his way. He widens his big brown eyes and pretends to be frustrated when really he could do that look for hours.

"I don't know Tyler, how about since you know I'm lying so much you tell me how I feel."

Damn. That came out rough.

Harsh.

"No, it's less intimate that way."

"No, nothing is more intimate that a guy knowing you better than you know yourself." I threw back.

"Oh, really now?" he questioned with a smirk.

Why a smirk?

"Yes really...." I dragged on confused.

"So you mean to tell me you like it when I understand things about you that you don't even understand yourself?" he said slowly walking closer to me, still wearing that damn smirk.

"Kinda..."

"So you like it when I know just the right things to do and say?" he was still getting closer and closer by the second.

He was slowly walking towards me with this look I had never seen before, this glare. It was like this dominate look.

It almost had me out of breathe.

I was too nervous at this point to look away.

"Yes, I do....it helps."

"With what?" he stopped for a second.

"I don't know, to not feel so alone. To be understood, which is a feeling everyone craves." I said looking at him blankly trying to figure out what he was doing.

Then he began again on his expedition to come near me.

Pretty soon he was close to me.

And I mean close.....