Chapter 22: Tomorrow is another day.

I answered like a dumbass.

But I wanted to see him. But I also don't want to scare him away. It's too late now.

I saw Tyler's small face flash on my phone. My stomach twisted and I blushed. Jeez. I haven't even spoken to him and here I am blushing my ass off.

He looked into the camera, as if inspecting what he was seeing. He squinted his eyes and said "Good morning." in a happy tone. I missed that voice.

He was still looking into the phone. I felt embarrassed. I probably look like a Haggard homeless person. But then I noticed something. He was shirtless.

Dear god.

He wasn't extremely ripped or anything. He was toned and lean. But all in all, he was attractive.

I even noticed another tattoo. This tattoo was placed across his chest. It resembled the one on his arm. It somewhat looked like a box with a cross in it. It's very hard to explain. It's hard to explain because I don't know exactly what it is. But that's not even what I want to know. I want to know why it's there and what does it mean.

"Good morning to you too." I smiled. I ran my fingers through my hair, hopefully trying to tame the mess. For some reason I couldn't bear to look at the screen, probably because I would stare, so I looked down and fiddled with my fingers.

"What time did you get up?" he asked full of curiosity, "Sometime around nine. What time did you get up?"

"About an hour ago."

Awkwardness filled the phone line. I didn't know what to say. I'm nervous enough as it is.

Why is it so awkward right now?

Tyler cleared his throat and said "So I was wondering..." his words trailed off leaving me in suspense. "Do you have a ride for the society group tomorrow?"

I had totally forgotten about that. These past few days have just been so busy, and weird, that I never had time to think. "No, I kind of forgot about it." I blushed embarrassed. "Well, if there's one good thing about me it's my keen memory." he smirked. "I thought it was your poetry skills.'

That caused a blush out of him.

I wish he would put a shirt on, it would be less distracting. "Okay, maybe there's two good things about me."

Here's you chance "Tyler, I could think of so many good things about you." Nailed it. That was my pathetic attempt at flirting. But instantly, when I remembered that I was in my pajamas I became insecure all over again. "Oh yeah," he smiled "name some."

I thought my cheeks were going to fall off. I put my self in this postion didn't I? " Now?"

"You know what, youre right." I was confused. What was I right about? "Think on it, and you can tell me on our date tomorrow night." "What?" I exclaimed full of surprise. Was that his way of asking me on a date? If so, he is one smooth boy. "Date?"

"Yea-uh-yeah date." we were both quiet "That's if you want to." he mumbled. Where did the smooth Tyler go? It's like he just vanished and became shy. I didn't say a word, I wanted the suspense to kill him. Where did this flirtatious Ella arise from? "You don't have to say yes." he said shyly.

"I would love to go on a date with you Tyler."

I was so happy in this moment. I had never really been asked on a date before. This was going to be my first date and I'm so happy that it's with Tyler. He looked at me through the pixelated screen. He smiled softly, letting me know he was happy. "Okay good, because I didn't mean to skip all the way to first base without going on a proper date." He laughed, and so did I.