Chapter 21: Facetime...

After telling Zack goodbye and driving back home half a sleep, I dare to say, tonight was epic. And I mean epic.

I walked in the front door, slouching because I had no energy left in me. None whatsoever.

But, in a split second I thought about the kiss that me and Tyler shared and then I was instantly awake. I guess the butterflies in my stomach gave me an energy boost.

I found my mom on the couch half-asleep. She was in her pajamas and she looked so comfy. She wasn't sleeping though. She was sitting there playing with her phone. How did she not just hear me walk through the front door?

We need to get her ears checked, because I could've been an intruder.

She spotted me and smiled widely."When did you get back?" she asked happily. "Just now."

"Well how was it?" I debated in my brain about telling her about what happened between me and Tyler. But then I thought about the reality of the situation. So I think I'll pass with telling her. No I'm not hiding anything or even lying. I'm just not mentioning the truth.

"It was really really good. I can't even describe into words how amazing it was mom." that's was the truth. "That's really good. They have a lot of fans?" she asked. "More than you could ever imagine. The stadium was so full. There were so many people I couldn't even place a face."

"Oh my, you were backstage right?"

"Yep, the best place you could be for  a show like that." I smiled at myself.

"Did you get to talk to them? I mean, they must of been crazy busy."

Nonetheless mother. We talked more than you could ever think. You don't even know the half of it. And it wouldn't surprise me if you never will. "Yes we talked. I got to know them really good."

really good....

"So..tell me about them. Will you be seeing them again?" she asked full of curiosity. This is what my mother has been craving. A conversation. An actual conversation. And for the first time in a while I'm willing to give her that.

"Yes actually. I don't know when but we plan to get together soon." I told her. She smiled so gleefully. "I'm just happy that you're happy. Now I repeat, tell me about them. What are they like? What is that Josh kid like?"

"Well Josh" I began "he's really sweet. Like, right when you see him you instantly become happy, because that's just the vibe he gives off. And also, he worries more about others that he does himself. And lastly he smells really good." okay maybe I shouldn't of said the last part. Sue me.

"How do you know what he smells like?" she asked raising an eyebrow. I felt guilty, but then I remembered I didn't do anything wrong. Not with him anyway.

"Mom when you greet people you can hug them."

"Oh sorry. Come on now tell me about Tyler."

My heart jumped at the mention of his name.

I miss you....
I already do...

I wonder if he actually was missing me right now.

"Oh...um Tyler" I was growing more and more nervous. Why? Chill out Ella. "He's great. He's more than great actually. I feel really comfortable around him. I've never met anyone like him. Oh yeah....he smells good too." I didn't realize I was talking so low until I processed things.

"I sure hope I can meet them soon." she said.

Why would she need to meet them? Why so soon? It's not like we did anything. Nothing happened. Why am I so nervous right now? Oh god.