Chapter 12: Too nervous for this

"Hey, honey I'm home would you mind helping me with the groceries?" yelled my mom who was walking through the front door.

I was completely dressed and ready, and I was to be leaving soon. "Yes"
I hollered back.

I scurried out of my room only to find my mother, looking very mangled, carrying multiple grocery bags that all seemed to be stuffed to the top. For just us two I don't know why we get so much food.

I hustled my way to the car where I grabbed the rest of the groceries.

When everything was saved and settled it was almost 7 o'clock. I was ready to go, but then again I wasn't completely ready to go, because my heart was beating so fast and I had gigantic butterflies in my stomach that were swirling around endlessly.

"Shouldn't you be leaving soon?" she asked me excitedly. "Yeah I should actually get going."

"Yeah it's almost 7. But thanks for helping me with the groceries." she told me. "Welcome." "Please try to stay safe. And don't do anything you know I wouldn't approve of doing." she said giving me the evil eye. "Now come here." she said motioning her hands towards her.

She gave me a big hug while patting down the back of my head. As if smoothening out my blonde hair.

"You be good, and have fun." she said muffled into my ear. She released me from her hug and then I replied with "I will, I promise."

And with that I was out the door making my way into the car. I got inside and I let out a huge sigh. This was happening. A week ago I would have never imagined any of this. And to a lot of people this wouldn't be a big deal. But it's a big deal to a nobody like me.

I started to make my way to the Bohemian stadium which was only about a 15-20 minute drive away from my house. The Bohemian stadium was more in the city. It was more where the commotion takes place, around where all the tourist like to visit.

The closer to the building I drove the more commotion and traffic I ran into. I thought for a second that there was a wreck up ahead. But there wasn't. Because when I finally saw the Bohemian stadium in my view, it was mind-boggling. There were dozens of flashing lights from the cops and security trucks that were gathered around.

There were thousands and thousands of cars parked inside a massive parking lot, all crammed together. Police officers were telling people where to go and where to park. All my windows were slightly down, leaving just a little crack for oxygen to seep through, so the radioman's voice was muffled out by the thousands and thousands of people waiting in one of the longest lines I have ever seen in my entire life.

The people in line were chanting all sorts of things. And about 90% were holding up signs.

It was all so breathtaking and astonishing. But it was also completely terrifying. I felt my palms begins to grow more sweaty and I felt as if I was going to panic. But I kept my breathing steady and I tried to persevere on.

This was the perfect definition of overwhelming.

I pulled up to the caged in arena and the police officer told me where to go. I finally found a parking spot that was all the way in the back. And I mean all the way.

I pulled out my phone, with my heart beating so loudly I could hear it inside my own ears, and I called Tyler.

"Hello." he said in that high and familiar voice. And for some odd reason when I heard his voice I started to calm down little bit. "Hi. I'm here and I'm parked all the way in the back." I said breathing really heavy.

"Ella are you okay?" he asked concerned. "Uh I think so." I said not evening thinking.

"What do you mean you think so? What happened?" he questioned. "Nothing happened. It's just a lot of people and a lot of things in general." I said trying to restrain my breathe.