Chapter 27 - Silent in the trees.

A tree.

In the dim of the night, what sits in front of me is a tree. A beautiful tree, one with many branches and many leaves all flowing in the cool wind. Moonlight illuminated its features in the gloomy nightime fog.

I like the tree.

Have you ever had a moment in which an inanimate object reminds you of yourself? And you can't exactly place your finger on why it reminds you of yourself, but you know in the back of your mind that there is some philosophy playing itself out, and somewhere it makes sense. But, it's like so far in the back of your mind that you can't see it, you can't grasp the thought.

I think of the tree in that way.

His headlights are directed straight towards the luminescent tree and I started to wonder, what are we doing here?

I look over and I see Tyler staring at it, as if painting a picture on it with his eyes. I like the mystery and the silence we had going, so I did not dare to speak.

He smiled, "I wrote a song about one of these things. It was actually one of my first songs ever. Its even my favorite to play live." his voice smooth like glass echoeing in the jeep.

I tried to think of the song. Maybe it stood out to me at the concert.

I couldn't recall.

A tree. I swear, only Tyler could write a fascinating song about trees.

"Say something, Ella." He laughed. I didnt notice how long I let that silence drift off. I guess, too long.

"I'm sorry, you're just really fascinating." I said that. Out loud, to his face. Without even a stutter.

He laughed then looked down at his lap, "That's funny, I was just thinking that about you."

I gasped for air, "Really?"

I was welcomed with familiar eyes.

"You say that like you're suprised. It's no secret how fascinating you are."

If I havent already established, I really like Tyler. And his cute face.

(AN UPDATE YAY!!! this chapter will soonly have a part 2 that will be wayyyy longerrr and goes deeper into the secretive date. I love all you guys!!))