Chapter 24 - Starting to Get Comfortable

(Another Long one.)

"Uh, I want to know about your tattoos."

We were now pulling into the drive way of the society group. I began to grow more and more nervous.

"Can't do that." he was now scanning the small parking lot for a place to park. "And why not?" I asked confused as ever. He chose this time to not give me a lecture. "Because I just can't." He said thoughtfully only provoking my curiosity more. Now it felt like I needed to know. "Why can't you tell me?"

"It's not that I don't want to, it's just I highly doubt it will make any sense to you."

"Tyler. Not true." It was killing me that he didn't want to tell me. I felt like he didn't trust me in the way he said he did.

He completely bypassed my comment and parked his jeep and hopped out. I also stepped out of the vehicle and rushed over to Tyler. This wasn't over. "Tyler." I commanded. "Yes Ella-Bo-Bella." he smirked. "Please tell me, I really want to know. I've never seen tattoos like this before and I want to understand them."

"You really want to know?" he said latching his brown eyes onto mine, "Yes more than anything." I gleamed. "More than anything huh? So you would rather hear about my tattoos, than stopping world hunger, or gaining world peace, or-"

"Tyler." I laughed breathlessly. I like how he makes me feel like a kid again, it's so refreshing and peaceful. "What?" he laughed. He's so adorable, if I haven't made that clear enough. "I'm serious."

"I'll talk about them tonight, if you talk about your necklace."

My heart dropped. I didn't like this bargain, at all. "Why my necklace?" I asked in a shaky voice. "Because I know it means something to you, or you wouldn't have gotten so defensive when I asked."

"Okay." I replied slowly. I can do this. I can talk about this without completely losing it.

He grabbed my hand. I felt his warm an tough skin press against my palm protectively, and his smooth fingers lace with mine. With a small squeeze he began to lead me into the building. With the sensation of Tyler holding my hand made me feel alive, okay, better than okay, amazing. I loved the way this felt, the whole new feeling it gave me.

When we walked in I noticed the group was smaller today. There was only just a few people, and Bruce. We did what we usually did and found a place on the ground, Tyler never letting go on my hand. A few seconds of silenced passed, and my head was every where, I was thinking about how good it felt to hold Tyler's hand, I was thinking about what Tyler was going to say about his tattoos, I was thinking about the new objective Bruce was going to give us today, and I was thinking about how in the world I'm going to keep my cool talking about dad.

I wondered what Tyler was thinking about.

Bruce stood up. "Hello everyone, I guess we don't have any new people today. But that is completely okay, considering you guys are family." he took a pause "I don't think I have to go over the routine because I think we all know it by now. So, lets begin." he sat down abruptly on the cold floor.

"I have a few things I want to discuss with you guys. I want to do something today that we all need a little work on. I discovered that this was a character trait that we all seem to fault at. I figured it out by going on a date. Yes I went on a date over the break, and I can say that it was very nice and I had a great time." He smiled.

"Now I can tell you everything about her. Except the color of her eyes. I cannot tell you if they were a hazel green or a soft blue. I cannot tell you if they looked like oceans or the northern lights. Despite all my efforts I could not bring my self to hold eye contact with her. As if all my insecurities could be seen through my eyes. And I want to work on that today. Eye contact is a very important social method we need to become familiar to. I know what your thinking. 'Oh dear god please don't make me.' But oh boy, I will."

He smiled. Everyone else had nervous eyes. Including me.

"Pick a partner. This is good for all of you. This is such a simple task that we can't even comprehend in doing. This is only helping you. Now hurry pick your partner."

Tyler grabbed my hand. Which placed a smile on my face, an once of me worried he would pick someone else.

"Good now get comfortable because I want you to shift your body in which your facing them and look into there eyes. Look deep within there spectacles, see them for who they are. Focus on the beauty of the moment and soak it all in. I want you to explore the color of there eyes and measure the size of their pupils with yours. You will being doing this for 30 seconds okay get in position."

I didn't like this. Nope. Not at all.

I am growing fond of Tyler and I am getting incredibly comfortable around him but the eye contact will be the death of me. Still, he shifted his body in front of me and in an excited matter started searching for my eyes. Bruce never even said to go yet. Why is he so excited?

"Okay good. Now focus on my voice. Okay on the count of three lock eyes until I at stop. 1...2....3"

It happened. Our eyes locked and that feeling came again. That safe and whole feeling flooded my body like an ocean. He gave my hand a small squeeze.

"Now you have a pair of beautiful eyes in front of you. Look at them and fight all your God loving instinct to look away and just take it in."

I did.

I looked at his brown smokey eyes. I saw how if you looked deep enough you could see flakes of emerald green scatter in small patches. Around his pupils you could see the brown fade into a darker brown then soon drifting off to a deep black pupil. His pupils seemed to twitch and shrink, and they resembled a black hole taking everything in.

I started to wonder though, what truly did these eyes have to take in? What have these beautiful eyes seen? What damage has ever been in his view? What are all the regrets he's ever witnessed?

I don't understand.

How can something look so happy and bright but gloomy and lost? His eyes could light up a room, but they also look as if they could tear it down. Why?

"Alright now I want you to look away from your partners eyes and tell you partner what their eyes look like. Tell them you favorite thing about their eyes. Describe them to your partner. Let them know how it felt to look into their eyes." Said Bruce.

"Wanna go first?" Tyler asked with a sudden smile.

No. "Sure." Wow.

"Uh your eyes, I know their brown and all but there this really cool shade of brown that I really like. It's like an oaky brown then there are like streaks of this beautiful green. They are in a way enchanting I guess." I hope that didn't sound as cheesy as I thought.

"Thank you. But how did it make you feel?" He emphasized the word feel.

Here we go again, getting into my feelings.

"It uh," our eyes latched again. He wanted this to happen. He likes my nervous torment. "it made me safe. But also sad. Eyes are only good for one thing, and that is to see. So I thought about what you've seen in your life, and what you wish you hadn't. But something about your eyes kept telling me that it's okay. Everything is okay. Like everything will always be okay as long as I look into those eyes."

He took a breathe. "Ella, your eyes are blue. Your eyes are blue like a cloudy day, and the sun is no where to be seen. It's blue like an ocean at night, and the only light is the reflection of the moon, and all the little lights in your eyes I think of as the moon. Your eyes are like a snowy day, where everything is iced over and all you want is to cuddle. But they are also grey, like the night sky when clouds and fog have covered the moon. They are grey like smoke burning off a fire. Your eyes remind me of my favorite types of weather. Which is funny considering these are the saddest types of weather. Which made me question, are you sad? Then I felt sad, because all I want is for you to be happy. And I will do everything in my power to make those eyes blue like the sky on a sunny day, or blue like the ocean in the morning."

I wanted to kiss him. I wanted to keep looking into his eyes feeling okay, and lean in and kiss him. But I couldn't.

(I AM NOT DEAD BUT IVE BEEN GONE FOR LIKE EVER! BUT HEY IM BACK! I HOPE THIS- let me stop with the caps I feel like I'm screaming- was a good chapter and I promise this will be continued and another chapter will be up soon. Love you all so much and appreciate all the support.)