Gamp's Law

Pic with me and my guy friends on the second-last day of year 9. I love you guys xxxxxxxxxxx

I shrug off my robes, trying to be quiet. Sometimes if I can't be bothered to run up to my dorm I just accio my clothes to me and get ready there and then.

Usually our class finishes early, so the common room is mainly empty. It's easy to quickly switch into leggings and a star-patterned top.

Sable grins at me, looking up from her N.E.W.T. Study book. I sit beside her.

"Hey, Sabes. You got a minute?" I ask, sitting up and taking my book (matching hers) from the rack.

"Yeah, sure. Whaddya need?" She pulls at my star top, "I'm sure this is mine, Ari."

"Hrmph. Maybe it is." I shrug and sit down.

"I would steal your clothes but they are NOT my style." She laughs. She's right, I wear dark colours and she usually wears bright.

"Aaaaaaaaanyways, I was wondering whether you could help explain Gamp's law of elemental transfiguration, because mcGonagall wants us to be able to write an essay on it next lesson, and I'm completely stumped." I ask.

"The principles are pretty simple. Gamp's Law of Elemental Transfiguration is a law governing the magical world. There are five Principal Exceptions to Gamp's Law, one of which is food." Sable reads from a page in her book,

"It should be noted that while food cannot be outright created from nothing, it can be multiplied if one already has some food to multiply, it can be enlarged or the food can be summoned if you know the approximate location and you're fairly sure the food will still be there. It should also be noted that while food cannot be conjured, consumable liquids like  sauces and potable water can be. Got that?"

"Think so. So lemme get this straight, you can't make food appear out of thin air. You have to summon, enlarge, or multiply the food."I repeat.

"Okay, what are the five exceptions then?" She tests me.

"Uh... Food, Money, Intentional Curse Damage, bringing a human back from the dead, and... The last one is love, right?" I say, counting on my fingers.

"Yeah, it's impossible to create love. That was Voldemort's mistake, wasn't it, Ari? Didn't your dad tell you all about it?" She looks at me intently, looking for a story.

"Yeah, apparently Voldemort cannot love because he was conceived under the effects of a love potion."

Sables mouth gapes open, so clearly this is news to her.

A/N-

Thank you to the beyondHogwarts.Com page for all the information on Gamp's law. And the last one is unknown, but I think it's love, because slughorn says in the half blood prince that it's impossible to create or manufacture love.

Check out the page here-

http://www.beyondhogwarts.com/harry-potter/articles/the-five-principal-exceptions-to-gamps-law.html

Thanks for reading! Tell me what you think is the last exception to Gamp's law in the comments!
Ciao!