The time turner

Scorpius and I would go walking to visit hagrid a lot. After all, he had been a good friend of my father's.

But I'd promised hagrid that I'd go tonight but Scorpius is in detention.

I set off on my own, minding the rocky ground beneath my feet. I slip, and go tumbling to the floor. My hand is pressed up to something cool and it feels like glass.

I remove my hand from the floor, to find a tiny, glittering hourglass. It must have been embedded under the soil because it's really dirty.

I reach for the hem of my skirt and wipe it off, and pull the chain out from under the ground. I wipe a little more and slip it in under my shirt.

I don't want anyone to know yet...

Hagrid's POV-

"Ariana! Yer came! Wan' a cuppa?" I ask, scratching my beard.

"Please, hagrid, that would be great." She says, sitting down at my large table.

"Where's Scorpius? Don' tell me, he's in detention?" I ask, boiling the kettle.

"Yup..." She pops the 'p'.

"What's wrong wit' yer? Yer up to somethin', Ariana." I say, squinting at her.

"Okay, hagrid. Promise you won't tell?" She says.

"Yer have my word." I say, curious now.

"I found this... Thing. It's a little hourglass." She pulls it out from under her shirt. "And I'm keeping it, hagrid."

"Ariana, it's a time turner. It's a time travellin' device an' all that." I say.

"Oh... So... What does it do?" She asks.

"Well, if yer turn this bit, it turns yer back in time an hour. An' if yer turn it, say, twice, it'd be two hours." I say, gazing at the small hourglass. "Yer Aunty Hermione had one in 'er third year."

"Oh dear, hagrid, it's nearly eight! I'll miss the meal! I'll see you tomorrow!" She shrieks, slipping the time turner under her robes and walking out the door. Silly girl. Could have just turned the time back.