The full story

Scorpius is getting better, slowly but surely. The incident did not scare us as it was probably meant to. It just put us on guard- never be without our wands.

I have been asking scorpius about what happened and all he can say is that he went for a walk and his candle went out and he got attacked by merlin knows who.

"You know, ari, this has taught me something," he says to me "it's taught me that you only live once, and I need to tell you everything. And I mean everything."

"Shoot." I say, smiling prettily at him from my perch on the armchair.

"After the battle of Hogwarts, my grandad went to Azkaban for life and my grandma went down south to Cornwall. It was found that she killed herself just two months later. My dad Draco was then parentless and alone. He met my mother, Astoria Malfoy. But... When I was five she was killed in a magical accident. She was in a coma for months before she died. Father went to pieces with the grief and started drinking. She was the love of his life. I kinda got neglected, so I was taken by my great aunt andromeda. She looked after me often, until father met miss Isabelle delacour. She was his saviour, he probably would have taken his own life if she hadn't come along."

I nod, and he resumes,

"So they got married and had a baby girl. She was my perfect little sister. And then it all went wrong. Isabelle left us for a new guy, and dad started drinking again. My little sister was neglected. I was only ten at the time, I could hardly even look after myself. My sister died just six months after she was born. Dad went to Azkaban and I went to live permanently with great-aunt andromeda and uncle teddy."

By now, there are tears running down his earnest face. I reach forward and pull him into a small hug. "Oh scorpius." I mutter into his jacket.

"I'm sorry, ari. You probably don't want to be my girlfriend anymore." He says, turning away from me.

I reach out and pull his face back to face mine. "Never" I whisper, pulling him into my lips, guiding him to me.