The locket

The carriage rolled into the grounds slowly, and we jumped out as soon as it was stationary.

"Where shall we go to open this?" I ask, grasping the box tightly.

"The common room? We're the first to get back I think..." Scorpius offers, taking my hand and walking me off.

When we get there, we sit on the sofa together and open it.

A locket is sitting in the box. There is a tiny note next to it in scrawled writing.

Dear mistress Ariana,
When you will read this, kreacher will be dead. Master gave kreacher this locket many years ago, and kreacher would like a member of the potters to have it instead of a member of the blacks so kreacher gives this to you. Ask master for the full story. Kreacher hopes you will tell master what kreacher gives you. Kreacher has chosen you rather than your sister or brothers. This is because you always vouch for kreacher. Kreacher will miss you, mistress.
From kreacher.

"So he's dead." I whimper.

"Who?" Scorpius looks intrigued.

"Our old house-elf. Kreacher." I say, tears running down my cheeks. I pick the locket up and hold it in my cupped hands.

Scorpius reads the note. "Are you going to write to your father?"

"I must find out why this is in my possession."

I pick up a quill and write on a piece of parchment-

___________________________
Dear dad,
This morning a woman found me and gave me a package. I opened it and found it was from kreacher. He's dead. He gave me a locket with a snake on it, a gold locket. He said in the letter that you gave it to him and he said you can explain. So explain please.
Best wishes to you and mum and James.

Lots of love,
Ariana xxx
___________________________

⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️
Author's note-
Hey everyone! So, thank you all for the views and a ton of votes. Everyone who has read this deserves a big hug from me. *group hugs*
Sorry for last chapter's picture, I couldn't find a Gryffindor Draco or Scorpius!
All potterheads like me know what happened with kreacher and the locket! Thank you all so, so much and I hope you will continue being amazing readers.
Comment, vote and keep reading!
Love you all a ton!
Xxx