O.W.L.s

Ariana's POV-

I walk down the halls not talking, my knuckles whitening at my strong grasp upon my potions book, my divination chart and my defence against the dark arts book. My wand, clasped to my chest. It is examination day.

My dad taught me the patronus charm last year, because he passed DADA with flying colours because of it.

I quickly kiss scorpius' cheek, "good luck." And move idly to my seat, directed by professor mcgonagall. "Potter, Ariana? There, dear."

I sit down, thankfully dropping my three heavy hardbacks on the desk, followed by my wand, which emitted tiny red sparks. I pick it up, looking around me. Nobody heard.

"Hello, miss Ariana potter?" The examiner asks, to which I nod. "I am professor tofty, and I am your defence against the dark arts examiner."

"Yes sir." I mutter, smiling slightly.

"I believe your father is the legendary Harry Potter? Yes, well, it's not a common name. Would you believe, I examined him in his third year. They do owls in the fourth now, don't ask me why dearie. Anyway, let's proceed to your test." Professor tofty smiles warmly at me.

I perform spells, many of them, tell the difference between inferi and a ghost and finally,

"Miss potter, I hear your father taught you the patronus? May I see it for extra marks?" Professor tofty grasps his clipboard excitedly.

I nod, and with great vigour, wave my wand and screech-

"EXPECTO PATRONUM!"

A rippling young silver stag with tiny horns erupts from my wand.

Professor tofty claps and says, "well, miss potter, let me tell you - you've probably earned yourself an outstanding! You really are a piece of your father!"

And with that, I am pushed from the room, and wander to my potions exam.

Professor malturn is potions mistress and she guides me to the room.

She addresses the class-
"You have two hours to present me with a draught of living death. I will grade them. Good luck, dears."

I pick up my potions book, which i have  carefully added extra pieces to. In two hours, I have made a potion of living death so good that grizelda hightcross, who sits next to me, is knocked out.

"Er... Whoops?" I stammer, but professor malturn marvels at my potion.

Divination is possibly the one subject I don't excel at. Professor trelawney is still here, an old crone who has made only two single predictions.

"Hello, my dears... I... will present you all with a crystal ball. I want you to predict something for me."

Great.