Seekers and spying

I pulled on my mud-splatted seekers Jersey and stepped out onto the pitch.

A few hours later I am triumphantly holding up a golden snitch, my eyes gleaming with pride. I get many handshakes and slaps on the back from people I don't even know. I'm so glad I did it on my first ever match.

But I hear a voice behind me. Patsy.

"Hey, potter, you really think Scorpius likes you? Ha haha you're such a muggle! What on earth are you doing with your hair? You look like hagrid!"

I guess I found out the author of the notes. I stick my middle finger up at her and walk off, angry strides. I've never been one to worry about my appearance. Until now, when it's so important I look nice.

I run to the prefect's bathroom and look in the mirror. All I can see is a girl with ugly hair. Very ugly hair down to her waist.

I seize my scissors and look in the mirror I've seen my mum do it hundreds of times. I cut it until it's down my shoulder blades, which feels like a lot.

I turn on the bath and within seconds the bath is filled with hot water. I step in and wash my new shorter hair, and look in the mirror next to the bath.

To me, I look ugly.

I start crying noisily, large gulps of air fighting their way into my lungs.

"ARIANA?" Scorpius shouts.

I lift my head up out of the water.

"Oh my god ari are you alright?" He shrieks.

"I was... Ugly... Still am..."

"You're not, not, not. You are the most beautiful girl I've ever met. I love you."

"I- love you t-too..."