Scar marks

I change into my bathing suit, red and gold Gryffindor colours. I tie my red hair up into a ponytail, just because I can. We're all going for a swim in the lake, which is gonna be so much fun!

I should probably go to see scorpius. I run towards the boy's tower and scoot up the stairs to see Shaun, Scorp, Jake, Sable and Charlie.

Then I see. Shaun, Jake and Charlie are already in the common room. But where is scorpius?

"Guys, where's scorp?" I ask, patting jakes shoulder.

"Uh, up in the dorm I think." Says Jake, pulling his towel up to cover himself properly. I roll my eyes at him.

"Scorpius?" I run up the stair to the boys dorm.

Someone is sobbing.

I run in quickly to see scorpius, in his bathing suit. With his bare chest. There are three scar marks, which look like they were done with a knife.

"Who did this?" I breathe, tracing my finger lightly across the old wounds, sure I already know the answer.

"M-my father. When... When you blacked out. I didn't want to upset you."

"Oh my god, scorp..." Tears fill my eyes, as I hold his hand with one hand and trace the scars.

"He was angry that I'm dating you, ari. I don't regret a moment of it. I'd happily get knifed a million times for you." He wipes the tears from my face and kisses me gently.

"I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry." I whisper, trying to hold back the gallons of tears that threaten to spill over.

"It's not your fault. It's my dad's." He joins me in a tearful hug, embracing me to his bare, deeply scarred chest.

~later~

He stops being self conscious soon after, and we all go out to the lake. The sun is out, the weather is warm. Banten and Storme join us at the lakeside, Storme sitting chatting with holly and banten with his front hooves in the cool water.

I'm in the lake, swimming like a dolphin next to scorpius. It's my favourite thing in the whole world, swimming. Dad used to take me all the time when I was little.

Rose and Jake (after a tearful reunion) sit and sunbathe with their toes just dangling slightly in the water. Charlie and Sable are inside the castle, deciding not to join us after feeling the temperature of the water. Pair of girls. Freya and Shaun wade in, knee-deep and sit, their waists down in the water.

It's so much fun, I never want today to end!