One Shots (2)

Long Time No See

"And then last night, we got a little trampoline on stage because Liam figured out how to do a blackflip on it," Harry said, chuckling. I laughed too.

"Did you try?"

"If I did, I wouldn't be alive right now." We both laughed again before he fell silent for a few seconds. "I miss you. A lot." His voice cracked slightly, making me worry. He usually didn't say those things, trying to keep it positive. He focused on what we would do when we were together again, instead of what we could have been doing while he was away.

"It's okay Harry, just 6 weeks. I'm counting the days."

"I can't wait six weeks, I really miss you. I haven't seen you for almost three months." I sighed worriedly.

"Do you have a break coming up any time soon?"

"Um, in about four days, we have three days off in New York, but I can't fly back because we have an interview smack dab in the middle."

"I'll fly out then. I miss the Big Apple."

"Really?" His voice perked up immediately, making me smile.

"Yeah, of course. Just let me book a ticket and I'll call you back when it's all set up, yeah?"

"Yeah. I love you."

"Have a good show, yeah? Love ya too." I make a kissing sound into the phone before hanging up.

***

I dragged my carry on through the airport, shrugging up my backpack as it slipped slightly. Security was a breeze, and soon I was on a flight to New York. I loved the city, I loved the people, the buildings, the little coffee shops, everything about it. The city was loud and crazy and crowded, and it was definitely my scene. Of course, a more wide, airy place was also nice. I placed my earphones over my ears and pulled out my MacBook, settling down for a long flight of editing and sleeping.

Soon, the plane touched down, landing with a bump. I strained to grab my bag from the overhead, and made my way down to the airport. I waited in front of Starbucks, where Harry said he'd be waiting. I looked around the rather empty airport, searching for a mop of curly hair. Finally, I found him slumped against a chair, eyes closed and head tilting slightly to the side. I rolled my eyes and smiled, making my way over and shaking him slightly until he woke up with a start.

"Sorry," he said sleepily, rubbing his eyes, wrapping his arms around me gently. "I missed you," he mumbled, voice still laced with sleep.

"I did too. But now we can go see that movie, and grab some Chinese, and go shopping, like we planned," I suggested, as we made our way out to a black SUV. I threw my bag in the back and took a seat in the plush leather seats.

"We just have to stop at the hotel and put your bags down and then we can grab some food and just explore," he suggested. "I haven't been here in a while." I nodded, stifling a yawn and hoping Harry didn't notice. "And I think there's a cinema around here, and we can go see what they're playing! And then we can go to the Statue of Liberty, and we can try and find a street artist, and some cool graffiti!" I zoned out slightly until we reached the hotel. The bed looked so inviting. Just for a few minutes, I told myself. I curled up in the middle of the bed and rested my head on the plushy pillow. I could have sworn I didn't fall asleep but apparently I did, because soon Harry was gently waking me up.

"Did I fall 'sleep?" I mumbled, rubbing my eyes.

"Yeah. I didn't want to wake you up, but you'll be up all night if you don't get up. We can just stay in though."

"No it's fine, let's go out," I said, remembering how excited he was.

"No no no, we'll just stay in tonight, we can go out tomorrow, okay? Otherwise you'll be falling asleep on me the entire time," he joked, pulling the blankets up around us and popping in a movie. He would poke me every few minutes to make sure I didn't fall asleep, and I didn't, because it would be precious time wasted with Harry.

YouTube video

I finished setting up my cameras, and got ready to film. Like usual, Harry was helping me out.

"Hey Chelsea?" he asked out of the blue. "Um... How come you never want me to be in a video with you? If I show up in it you always edit that part out... Um, never mind," he finished, blushing slightly and fiddling with the camera. I laughed at his cuteness.

"Harry, I just want to keep out relationship as private as possible. And I don't want to get a huge amount of subscribers just because you're in my videos. But if you want, we could film a little something together," I suggested. He grinned and nodded excitedly.

"What can we do?"

"I was planning to do a twitter truth or dare, so you could do that with me?" He nodded again and adjusted the camera to frame me, before taking a seat next to me. I did my usual introduction, and Harry started reading truths and dares.

"Dare. Do the cake face. Wait is that where you make a cake and then smash your face into it?"

"Yup. And you're doing it with me."

"But I already did it! Like two years ago!" he protested.

"You wanted to do the video!" I teased in a sing song voice. "First, we get the cake," I said dramatically. I turned my big camera off and grabbed my little on as we made our way down to a small bakery and bought two cakes, one with Winnie the Pooh on it and one with Piglet. We carried the cakes home, and ruined them. We did have some nice pictures on our faces.

"Truth," he started, with cake still smeared on our faces and in our hair. "If you could choose to throw a cake at any celebrity, who would you choose?"

"Scarlet Johanson. Not because I don't like her, but because she always looks so serious and perfect..." And the truths and dares kept coming in, until we were both dripping wet and covered with whipped cream and splattered fruit.

"I think we're done for today," I said, looking into the camera. "I hope you guys enjoyed it, a new vlog will be up... well, yesterday, I guess!" After wiping my hands, I turned off the camera and looked around at the mess we made in his apartment.

"Was all this," I gestured at his ruined clothes and flat hair, "worth it?"

"So worth it." He was smiling softly, and I leaned in for a kiss, but was greeted instead by the slimy feeling of smashed strawberries and water.

"Harry," I growled, laughing as he shot up and ran out of the room, leaving a trail of water and whipped cream.

Well, that's it for now! I don't think I'll be posting anymore anytime soon, but who knows... I am planning to write a new story. More updates on that later! Thanks so much for reading!