4. Now, She's Gone.

HARRY

"Harry! Over here!"

"Harry, is it true you cheated on Michelle?" I ducked my head.

"Did you guys break up?"

"Are you going solo?" My eyes bulged out of my head at the ridiculous statement.

"I'm not going solo! One Direction is my first and only priority!" Disgusted, I jogged to the entrance where security prevented them from getting any closer. Louis came over and put a hand on my shoulder.

"You all right mate?" he asked. It was August 8th and we were currently in L.A. I ran a hand through my hair.

"How could they think I'm 'going solo'?" I asked, exasperated. He shrugged.

"I've been recording so much for this album, we've still got our stadium tour next year, how could they think I'm going solo!" I yelled. He put a hand on my shoulder.

"They're all sons of bitches. Come on, let's go relax. We can head to the pool?" he asked. I nodded, sighing, and ran a hand through my hair.

"Sorry for yelling. I'm stressed, I guess." He smiled, understanding how it felt.

"Now, go change!" he yelled, pushing me to my room. I grabbed a pair of swim trunks and a towel before running down to the private pool where Liam, Louis, and Niall were splashing around.

"Where's Zayn?" I asked, putting my stuff on a chair. Even though he couldn't swim, he usually hung around with us by the pool.

"Sleeping. Or maybe drawing?" Niall said. I nodded and sent a quick text to Michelle.

"Hey baby! Just headed to the pool! XO" I put it down and pulled my shirt off before checking for a reply.

"First off, I really don't give a damn if you're going to the pool. Anyways, you shouldn't. It'll make your hair look even worse. You don't really have a beach bod either." I frowned slightly at her text. Was my hair ugly? I bit my lip and walked over to the edge of the pool and sat down, dipping my toes into the water. My arms were wrapped around my stomach.

"Come on Harold, get into the water!" Louis yelled. I shook my head.

"Um, I'm good up here." I kept swishing my feet around.

"No you're not. You used to love swimming," Liam said, frowning.

"Well not anymore," I mumbled, looking away. Niall coughed.

"Are you okay? You've been acting weird lately, especially after you see Michelle."

"I'm fine," I snapped at him. He looked away and swam to the other side of the pool where his stuff was sitting. Sensing the awkward tension in the air, grabbed his towel and left. Immediately, I was consumed by guilt. I ran up to him and grabbed his shoulder. "Sorry. I'll leave." He kept looking at me while I grabbed my stuff and headed to my room. I flopped down on the bed. I stared at the ceiling for much longer than I was proud of, before picking up the phone. It rang three times before I heard a voice on the other end.

"Hello?"

"Lou?"

"It's me."

"Can I get a haircut?"

"Well, I guess I could trim a little off if you think it's too long."

"No, I want it shaved. Like Liam's." I heard her start laughing on the other end until she realized I was serious.

"Wait, what? Why, your hair's great!"

"It just gets in the way," I lied.

"Harry, whatever this self-esteem issue started with, you need to get over it. Your hair is fine, its soft, it's curly, its healthy, I don't know why you're insecure about it. Bye." Shit. How could she read me so well? I sighed again, feeling sorry for myself. I was in the Entertainment Capitol of the World, and I was lying in my dark hotel room alone. I sighed again.