8. Sassmaster Out!

HARRY

I watched Chelsea leave. She left, just like everyone else would. It was good that she left, or I would become attached again. I can't be attached to anyone.

"Harry, what did you do?" Louis asked.

"Nothing." I looked down at the ground.

"I should get going," Eleanor said, giving Louis a kiss. "I'll see you again tomorrow?" Louis nodded.

"Definitely." El gave him a hug and waved goodbye as she hailed a cab. I followed Louis back to the hotel, not saying anything.

"Harry, you can't keep going on like this," he said, as I went into my flat.

"I can if I want to." Ignoring his protests, I shut the door and locked it. Kicking off my shoes, I stripped down and climbed into bed even though it was still early. My mind was filled with thoughts of Chelsea. She had made me smile today. Not genuinely, but I still felt as if I needed to. As much as I hated to admit it, I wanted to see her again. But I couldn't. I couldn't. I forced thoughts of her out and instead, I started connecting dots from the little white specks on the ceiling. I had made a bear, a cat, a fish, and a guitar before I got bored.

I laid there for a long time, getting up once for a glass of water. Louis brought me a plate of food at one point, and I nibbled at it. Memories flashed through my head, mostly of Michelle. "You're worthless. I don't even know why I put up with you." "I deserve better than you Harry." And it was true. I had changed her, turned her into a monster. She needed someone better than me. Everyone needed someone better than me.

"Harry?" a soft voice called out a while later. "It's Chelsea." I felt my bed dip as she sat on the edge. "I was coming around, and I thought I would stop by real quick. So... Anyways, I was scrolling through tumblr last night. Some pretty funny stuff. Do you have a tumblr?" Silence. As if I gave her an answer, she kept talking.

"No? Okay. You should get one, see what your fans are doing. A lot of them have blogs about you, you know? Whenever you guys do something interesting, my tumblr feed is spammed with repetitive pictures of you. Like that time you were on the yacht." I still didn't say anything,  even though I wanted to. But I couldn't, I couldn't get close to her.

"So do you have any plans for while you're on break? I'm planning to do some travelling, I've got to get tickets booked soon. I'm going with Tyler and Dylan, two friends of mine. But we have different ideas of where to go, I want to see cities like Paris and London, but they want to go to places like the Amazon. Which I'm pretty excited about too, but they don't really want to see cities, they want to go to more 'wild' places." She started playing with my fingers that were sticking out from the blanket.

"I'll be right back, just let me grab a drink," she said as she left. I heard the door close quietly. Harry, stop. You need to get away from her before you change her. Don't let her get close to you, she'll leave you like everyone else. I strengthened my resolve, knowing I had to push her out of my life, and fast too. Before I ruin her, before she ruins me.

"Hey, I'm back," she said, holding a glass of water. "I brought you some water." She set it on my nightstand before sitting back down on my bed.