28. Guess Who's Back

HARRY

Somehow, I managed to sleep that night without nightmares riddling it. I sat up and rubbed my eyes, and for a few blissful seconds, I thought I was still at home with Chelsea next to me. But she wasn't there, the sheets were empty and cold. I checked my phone, seeing a long list of missed calls. Eleven from Louis, a few each from the other boys, a few from Paul, and even a couple from my mom. I knew I should've replied, especially to the one from my mom, but I was definitely not in the mood. Besides, the boys were flying out in a few days, they could talk to me then. All I wanted to do was sleep, and so I did. There was no one to tell me not to. I curled back up under the sheets, snuggling up to a pillow and listening to the man on T.V drone on and on about something. Cars, maybe? The large wall clock hanging above the bed kept ticking and ticking, until I lost sense of time. I heard people's footsteps down the hall, and the humming of the air conditioner as it turned on and off, but everything else was silent.

Soon, I woke up. The curtains were still drawn over so I couldn't tell what time it was. Good. The T.V was still playing, now showing clips of people tripping over fake bananas. It wasn't funny to me though, it seemed nothing was. I resisted the urge to grab my phone and call Chelsea, she didn't deserve that. It would be the best for everyone if I just disappeared off the face of the earth, but since that couldn't happen, I would stay away from her. I would stay away from everyone.

***

My plan only lasted for two days. Pathetic, huh?

Maybe that was a good thing. I was safely stowed away under blankets, with the door locked and curtains drawn. I didn't answer any calls though I did tweet a harmless little 'hi' so no one worried about me too much. Because that would make them think of me, and that didn't help my staying away plan. Everything was going swimmingly. The boys had stopped calling, my mom resorted to a text every night, no one was looking for me. And although it hurt that they didn't keep trying to contact me, I knew it was for the best, and I knew it had to be done. It was all perfect, until someone knocked at my door.

That had happened a few times before and I simply kept quiet until they left, but this person wouldn't stop. Over and over they knocked, and knocked, and knocked. They would laugh occasionally, and say "We know you're in there," but they didn't leave, until I felt like the knocking would drive me crazy. But maybe I was already crazy. 

"What the fuck do you want!?" I finally yelled, swinging the door open.

"Took you long enough," a familiar face said. It took me a few seconds before I realized they were Tyler and Dylan, they looked different. Their hair was longer and messier than the baby quiff they had before, they were a lot tanner, and Dylan had a small amount of stubble. Without an invitation, they stepped in and closed the door. I sighed and ran my hands over my face, knowing that there was no way I could physically force them out. First off, there were two of them, and they were both taller and probably stronger than me.

"What do you want?" I sighed, feeling as though they had defeated me in some way.

"Listen up. When I let Chelsea move in with you, I expected you to take care of her, and watch over her. I expected you to make her happy, keep her smiling, and love her. And that was all going well, until recently. How fucking stupid are you?" Tyler yelled. "You go to your ex's apartment, after agreeing to get lunch with her."