5. Furniture and Frappuccino's

CHELSEA

I lightly strummed my old but trusty guitar, warming up a few chords.

"Ready?" Tyler asked. I nodded and adjusted my mic. He turned on the camera and tapped us in. We started off with a few chords.

"If I don't say this now, I will surely break. As I'm leaving the one I want to take, forget the urgency but hurry up and wait. My heart has started to separate. Woah, woah, be my baby. Whoa oh, oh. Woah, whoa, be my baby, and I'll look after you." I let my fingers move of their own accord, having memorized the song a few days ago. I leaned into the mic slightly at the end, during a solo. We finished and Tyler turned the camera off.

"Well that was fun," I said, taking my guitar strap off.

"Yeah. Do you know what day it is?"

"It's the 9th of August, why?"

"No reason. Only a week before we go out to Manchester! You excited?"

"You know it. I've got my eye on an apartment too."

"Really? Is it the one Dylan found?"

"Actually, yeah. It's nice, I like it. My mom talked to the agent and I can have a look at it before I move in."

"She already paid for it?"

"Yeah. But I'm paying for myself once we actually move out there."

"Cool." He put away the rest of the sound equipment. "So you wanna go somewhere?" he asked.

"Nah, I'm heading home. I have to finish packing a few more things and there are people coming today to ship my piano out to England, I want to make sure they wrap it up properly." He waved as I left. I walked home and said hi to my mom who was sitting on the couch.

"Hi." She returned to her book. I kicked my shoes off and ran upstairs to my room. I rummaged through my closet, pulling out all my fall and winter clothes, shoes, handbags, and accessories I wouldn't need. I sorted through my scarves, tossing a few old ones back into my closet. I left a few sweaters that were too small in my closet as well, and an old handbag. Everything else was carefully folded and placed in a large grey and black polka dot suitcase. There was still some room left over, so I put my dressy black boots and black heels in two shoeboxes, placing them in my suitcase. I zipped it up with slight difficulty, and put it in the corner of my room. I grabbed another bag and was about to pack up my posters when my phone buzzed. I smiled, anticipating the text that was probably from 'L'.

"Hey, you busy?"

"Nah."

"Well I'm in L.A. right now. But I'm heading home in a few days. Actually, two days."

"Lucky! I'm packing up, we're leaving for Manchester in a week."

"Sweet! We should meet up! I live in London, but my girlfriend lives in Manchester, and I'm going to visit her. I can meet up with you there? Maybe somewhere like a coffee shop, where you can't be too scared that I'll murder you while no one's looking." I didn't have to think twice. Over the course of only three days, I could say I trusted L. He was funny, supportive, and just a great friend. I told him things that I'd only told Tyler or Dylan before.

"Yeah, that'd be great! I'll text you when I'm actually there, maybe we can go to Starbuck. Super hipster. :)"

"Yay! I actually thought you would say no and I'd have to convince you."

"Yeah, no." He didn't reply right away, which I found strange. If he left, he always sent me a text first. "You there?"

"Can I ask you a personal question?" I furrowed my eyebrows.