7. Meet and Greet

CHELSEA

I twiddled my thumbs nervously as I stared at the door in front of me.

"Well? Open it!" Dylan urged.

"But-"

"No. Standing isn't going to change anything in there. Now go." I rolled my eyes at his impatience and nervously unlocked the door to my new apartment. My eyes widened in surprise when I saw it. It was beautiful. My black and white couch was placed in front of a large TV hanging on the wall. Under it I had a small TV stand with my XBOX, a blu-ray player, and a few remotes and controllers. There was also a dark wooden coffee table.

The kitchen was quite modern, with silver furnishings and dark cabinets. My coffee maker was already set up, my pots and pans were all unpacked. I headed up to the bedroom where there was a queen sized bed in my room, and a double in the guest room. Both the beds had dark wooden frames. My dresser and nightstand were also in my room, along with my piano and guitar. In the guest bedroom, there was a small dresser. The ensuite had a large bathtub, complete with jets, and a separate shower. The counters were a beautiful black marble, and there were glass tiles on the wall.

"Dylan! Tyler!" I yelled, running downstairs. I tackled both of them in a hug.

"Thanks! YAY!" I yelled, happy I wouldn't have to unpack the heavy stuff.

"It's fine. You owe us though," Tyler said, flicking my nose.

"I do. But I owe you later. I have to unpack some stuff and then I'm meeting someone."

"Who?"  

"Just an old friend of mine, no big."

"Yes big, you've never mentioned an old friend."

"It's someone I met a while ago, I'll be safe and we're meeting at Starbucks, in front of like a billion other people."

"But what if-"

"No." I raised my eyebrow challengingly, placing both hands on my hips.

"Maybe he'll-"

"Stop being over protective. Now get out, I've got work to do," I said, pushing them out. I plugged my iPhone into its dock and turned on the music, singing along to Ed Sheeran's Lego House.

"I'm gonna pick up the pieces, and build a lego house. If things go wrong we can knock it down..." I sang as I lugged my suitcase to my room and started organizing my clothes. Long sleeves and blouses on one end, tank tops on the other. I took out my jeans and folded them neatly, and hung up my skirts and dresses carefully. I grabbed my shoes and placed them in the shoe closet, leaving my favorite black wedges out. I lined up all my bags on a shelf, except for the one I was currently using. Next, I pulled out my makeup bag and decided to just put it in a drawer instead of sorting it out right now.

It was around noon when I decided to text L.

"L? There's a Starbucks down from my apartment, can we meet there?"

"Sure, what's your street name?" I quickly gave him my street name. "Okay, I'll meet you there in 15 minutes?"

"Sure."

"I'm bringing my friend in case you've forgotten. I know you said you probably can't do much, but try? Just talk a bit, he hasn't gotten out of bed for the last few days. He hasn't eaten or said much either. Okay... Bye!" I furrowed my eyebrows. Oh yeah, his friend. I bit my lip, wondering what he'd be like. Quiet? Shy? Aggressive? Rude? I shook the thoughts out of my head as I changed into some nicer clothes and grabbed my bag. It was a quick walk down to Starbucks.